Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects Crashing due to Dynamic Link Error

New Here ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there! First time posting...

So I've been having this problem for a couple months now and it all came out of the blue. Anytime that I try send something from AE to Media Encoder or even Premiere, AE will just completely shut down. It will give me an error saying something about a dynamic link issue or a RenderTaskManager error. And a weird thing is that it's not always saying the error in the "After Effects Alert" when it crashes. But it happens EVERY SINGLE TIME without fail and it's really screwing with my workflow. I've looked online to try and find anyone else having this problem, and I haven't found an answer.. So I've come here to get help!

This originally happened randomly one day when I was working on AE 2021. So I thought I just needed to update. So I updated my computer to Monterey and updated all of the Adobe applications to 2022. And I'm still having the same problem. I've tried clearing cache and resetting all of that.. Didn't help.. I've tried uninstalling AE, ME, and Premiere, then reinstalling after restarting my computer.. Didn't help..

I'm including a video to show what's actually happening and it includes the AE Alert that comes up..

https://www.veed.io/view/e1373ac8-3b2a-4fe2-8ccf-e0994450527d 

If anyone has any solutions please let me know! Thanks!!

TOPICS
Crash , Dynamic link , Error or problem , Import and export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Hi Clay24572990fwso,

Welcome to the community and sorry for your issue.

Could you try removing third-party plug-ins temporarily and see if that brings any change. If it doesn't, create a new user account on your computer and test After Effects in it.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you try to launch AfterFX.exe as Run as administrator (right-click)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Clay24572990fwso,

Welcome to the community and sorry for your issue.

Could you try removing third-party plug-ins temporarily and see if that brings any change. If it doesn't, create a new user account on your computer and test After Effects in it.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nishu! Thanks for getting back to me. I just tried removing the third-party plugins, presets, and scripts, and that seems to have fixed my problem! Oh happy day!

Thanks so much for your help,

Clay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear that. Could you let us know the name of the plug-in?

Thanks for updating the thread.

Best,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, the plugin was "Templater 2". I think it might've been an outdated version. I downloaded the newest verstion and things seem to be working just fine with that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines