• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects has encountered a failure related to GPU-enabled effects on this frame (Nov 8 RTX3090)

Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2020 Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all, I just recently switched to PC after being on Mac for 15 years. Went all out: 3900x, Rog Strix 3090, 64gb cl14 3200...i had a comp that i created in AE on Mac and it plays in real time on my Mac for the most part (the play head does catch the buffer a tiny bit in certain places). I opened that comp up to play with it on my new PC and ran into an error (see attached). I'm baffled that it ran into this after 20frames or so where my mac could handle it in practically real time. Hoping I just don't have the right settings turned on. Someone please help!

- No change if changed to software only
- No change if turning on layers one at a time
- Assets aren't of a size that would cause issue
- No effects being used that would cause issue
- All drivers up to date

Screenshot 2020-11-08 094013.pngunknownunknown

Gamenightgif

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2020 Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update from adobe (Nov 8, 2020, 12:10 pacific): "Since the Graphic drivers are not recommended (aka not fully supported yet), hence you are getting this issue. Please contact your Graphic Drivers team and check for the recommended Graphics. Please note that you will still be able to use the application but might face issues with some features." https://helpx.adobe.com/in/premiere-pro/user-guide.html/in/premiere-pro/system-requirements.ug.html#...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, i've exactly thé sa me issue with a rtx 2080. Did you solve the problem?

Thanks, 

Robin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just started having a similar issue with a FE Nvidia 3090. I have been also using C4D Redshift in tandem, but when I check the performance monitor on my PC, it seems to be fine. Still no solve yet. Maybe the GPU isn't flushing its cache/mem properly so its getting full? Maybe I need to update my video card drivers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2023 Jan 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there, I just started having this issue, also with a RTX 2080. Can anyone help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2023 Jan 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For me the solution was removing Hevc footage (iphone photos files do not
play well with the pc version of AE)--
Greg Björkman
[Removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines