• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

applying echo to an object isolated with rotobrush

Advocate ,
Apr 01, 2023 Apr 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a strange problem. I want to isolate and track a ball then apply an echo. I isolate first then add echo. 

When I add the echo with a negative time value the ball loses its rotobrush isolation and the and the echo is applied to the entire layer. Strangely when I add a positive value the echo works on the isolated area as expected. Of course I want the echo trail to follow the ball not precede it.

Any ideas why this is happening and any other possible ways to acheive this?

Thanks

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 01, 2023 Apr 01, 2023

You are running into a render order problem. It is easy to solve. After you isolate the ball using Rotobrush, pre-compose the layer, then apply Echo to the pre-comp. If it took more than a few minutes to create the Rotobrushed ball layer, pre-compose, then use the Composition menu to  Pre-Render the layer. This will add the Roto-pre-comp to the Render Que, then render a lossless with alpha movie and replace the pre-comp with the rendered ball. Your AEP file will be more stable, and the file size

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 01, 2023 Apr 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are running into a render order problem. It is easy to solve. After you isolate the ball using Rotobrush, pre-compose the layer, then apply Echo to the pre-comp. If it took more than a few minutes to create the Rotobrushed ball layer, pre-compose, then use the Composition menu to  Pre-Render the layer. This will add the Roto-pre-comp to the Render Que, then render a lossless with alpha movie and replace the pre-comp with the rendered ball. Your AEP file will be more stable, and the file size will be much faster. The final comp with Echo applied will also render faster.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Apr 02, 2023 Apr 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, that will definitely fix it. But I am having problems with pre-comp. I have a 2.25 minute clip but precomposing the rotobrush layer is taking hours. I did the actual render of the layer, which is the solution, and it took about an hour.. Any idea why precompose is taking so long? And is there anything I can do to track the progress of a precomposition? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You probably did not freeze Rotobrush so it had to recalculate. You may also have failed to check the box that says to move all elements. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, yes I did move all elements but didn't freeze. I didn't know about that or how to do it. I'll look it up. RTFM I guess 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Apr 03, 2023 Apr 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Perfect. Got it 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines