• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can AE nudge a keyframe(s) one frame at a time via keyboard shortcut or menu command?

Contributor ,
Nov 26, 2022 Nov 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last step before I go the "feature request" route, does anybody here know if it's possible via keyboard shortcut (or menu command) to nudge a selected keyframe(s) by one frame forward or backward? Lately I have been having some trouble with my fine motor skills and moving keyframes around at normal zoom levels has become problematic. I have combed the support community and the web-at-large and have found no information. Thanks in advance.

- DK

TOPICS
How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 26, 2022 Nov 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, there is no such feature. There's a bunch of scripts on AEScripts.com that deal with moving keyframes around, but that's pretty much it.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 27, 2022 Nov 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The closest I can suggest is if you use Page Down or Page Up to move the current time indicator one frame back or forward, then hold Shift while dragging your keyframe, it should snap to the time indicator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 03, 2023 May 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2023 May 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To nudge a keyframe or keyframes in the Timeline:

1. Select the keyframe or keyframes to be nudged.
  2. Then press Option Right Arrow to nudge to to the next frame or press Option Left Arrow to nudge to the previous frame (use Alt if running Windows).

Optional: Add Shift to nudge 10 frames at a time.

If frequently nudging the same keyframes, consider using Keyframe Color Labels (right-click the keyframe or keyframes > Label) to quickly reselect the Color Label Goup later (right-click a keyframe and choose Label > Select Label Group).

-Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines