Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't add expression controls to essential graphics panel

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2021 Dec 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Although adding expression controls to the essential graphics panel was working perfectly for me, suddenely it stopped. For example, I try to drag a checkbox property to the graphics essentials panel but it doesn't appear there anymore. However, if I drag any layer transform property it works.

Moreover, this happens even with a new project. I also tried both 2022 and 2021 versions of AE and it didn't work.

Thanks in advance for your help.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Expressions , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 05, 2021 Dec 05, 2021

Ensure you select the property and not the effect. The property will have the Stopwatch icon next to it while the property simply states the name of the effect (Expression Control). Let us know if this solves your issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ensure you select the property and not the effect. The property will have the Stopwatch icon next to it while the property simply states the name of the effect (Expression Control). Let us know if this solves your issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks RKahlenberg. That did it.

I was trying to drag prporties from the Effect Controls Pnael so it didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same issue, but after trying to right-click on the property, and selecting "Add Property to Essential Graphics", it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines