• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Comps keep saving to subfolder

Explorer ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was handed a project from someone else and can't figure out how to undo a default setting that's imposed on the renders. 

In the Render Queue, I'm seeing my [Comp Name].File Extension, which is how I'd like it saved (image 01). I'm aware that when I click the dropdown to the left of my output, I can select "Comp Name" and set as default, which I've tried (image 02). But it's not saving like that, it's defaulting to saving in a subfolder with a completely different naming structure (image 03).

I have to manually select the file name in the render queue and deselect "save to subfolder" and rename the file there. What am I missing?

This does not seem to be the case with all comps in the project, only certain ones... but I'm trying to learn more about how to undo this process mostly for future reference (and because it's annoying for this project).

Thanks!

Jeremy

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to , Import and export , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Holy smokes, I just solved my own problem...

In case anyone encounters this, here's the deal:

Don't add a "/" to your Comp names!  (unless of course you'd like to force the save the way mine was.)

It's taking that info and assuming it's part of the file structure language, not just plain text. I realized my error when seeing where it was breaking the name of the subfolder and the file name in half... did a test without the slash and Bingo! Fixed. (sigh)

I can't believe I didn't think of that before

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Holy smokes, I just solved my own problem...

In case anyone encounters this, here's the deal:

Don't add a "/" to your Comp names!  (unless of course you'd like to force the save the way mine was.)

It's taking that info and assuming it's part of the file structure language, not just plain text. I realized my error when seeing where it was breaking the name of the subfolder and the file name in half... did a test without the slash and Bingo! Fixed. (sigh)

I can't believe I didn't think of that before posting, ha. Thanks anyway community!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2023 Feb 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, finaly solved the problem.

Check box in properties Use default file name and folder

Make template in Render queue to use only comp name as default (not creating subfolder)

It should work

1.png2.png3.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines