• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Essential Graphics limits Point Control to 32,768

Explorer ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm trying to create a simple number counter MOGRT for social media views/Likes..

Knowing the number limitation of the Slider Control, I used the Point Control..

But the Essential Graphics is limiting the Point Control to the number 32,768 max.

while in the Effect Control, it is limitless!

any trick or work around to bypass this please?

Thank you

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's apparently because some of that stuff does use legacy AE API functions instead of the newer ones. Depending on what you need, you could probably create some expressions so the counts can be multiplied or offset by combining two slider values. Entirely depends on how far you actually want to go and whet the increments are supposed to be. more specific info would certainly help to outfit you with some code bits.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much Mylenium for the prompt reply..

what "stuff...use legacy AE API functions"? i'm sorry i didnt get you or you didnt get me 😉

The slider control doesnt go beyound a million!

the Point control is limitless (and that's good) using its x value instead of the slider works perfectly,

but when i put it in the essential graphic it doesnt go beyond 32,768!!

I have no problem using expressions to multiply that number, but i dont see the need for it here.

i just want some kind of a "slider" to reach 3,000,000 Likes or Views or more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just want some kind of a "slider" to reach 3,000,000 or more

so that this number will be displayed next to "Likes or Views or followers..."

again like in Youtube, Insta, Facebook,...

do i make any sense?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem and used 4 sliders to get the value I needed (1,419,805.15).

millions = 1

hundredthousands = 419

hundreds = 805

cents = 15

And then to convert that back into a value I could use for a counting animation, I wrote this:

num = (effect("millions")("Slider")*1000000) + (effect("hundredthousands")("Slider")*1000) + (effect("hundreds")("Slider")*1) + (effect("cents")("Slider")/100)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would start with Dan Ebberts's Universal Counter.  With that as the basic starting point, you can control the number of decimals and commas and add a dollar sign to the result. You can use Layer Time to set up the speed of the animation or add some sliders to get the numbers to animate. You can even control multiple instances. 

Another option is to animate sliders and combine the result by combining the values of the automated sliders. If you set a keyframe for the thousands slider at 100 on frame one and then 999 on frame 20 and just added a loop out to that slider, you generate a counter that you could create a loop that spins through the first 3 digits from 100 to 999 over 20 frames. This will give you an endless set of digits for the hundreds column. Add additional sliders for the thousands, millions, and even billions, and then just combine their animated values in a text layer by adding them using a + for each slider and putting the commas in quotes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines