Expression that gives negative/positive value on a parented Path Offset?

Participant ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I have created 2 nulls that follows a path. I want Null 2 to follow Null 1 with the opposite value.

For example:

The Path Offset for Null 1 is 80.

Null 2, that's parented to Null 1, should give the same value but negative: -80. 

What expression can be used? 

Thanks

TOPICS
Expressions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Community Professional , Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Reversing absolute values is as simple as multiplying things by -1. I'm not clear what you mean by "path offset", though. If you are mirroring something or whatever it is you are doing there of course just multiplying the value wouldn't do anything. You need to define the mirror axis/ center. You need to explain more specifically if that is realyl what you want.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reversing absolute values is as simple as multiplying things by -1. I'm not clear what you mean by "path offset", though. If you are mirroring something or whatever it is you are doing there of course just multiplying the value wouldn't do anything. You need to define the mirror axis/ center. You need to explain more specifically if that is realyl what you want.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Mylenium! It was exactly what I was looking for. The Path Offset was extra info if the expression would be changed specifically for that. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines