Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extreme render issuse after remove grain effect

Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2023 Jul 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, 

I have some 2.7k 60fps video that I shot with a GoPro. I'm trying to apply "grain remove" in After Effects and then render the video in media encoder. The only problem is it's estimating 9 hours to render a minute of footage. I have a RTX 3090 and a Ryzen 5900x and I'm only getting about 60% cpu usage and 7% gpu usage. I have gpu acceleration turned on also, anyone know what could be causing this?

TOPICS
Import and export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Remove Grain plugin in AE has always been notoriously slow, especially when working with high resolution and frame rate like you are.  You could try using Premiere Pro and applying the Median filter, this will be heaps faster but not quite as good.  Or there are more efficient third party plugins like Maxon's Magic Bullet DeNoiser III, if you want to spend some money.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, I'll just let it chug overnight

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines