• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can we make our own customised noise layers?

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2023 Nov 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to know how we can make our own customised noise layers and add them to the list of electric , turbulence, flame noise layers to name a few I'm guessing that they would have to be png sequences with alpha or gif & transparent back ground or something similar & where or what file would they need to be added into ? 

TOPICS
Experiment , How to , Import and export , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I should of said I'm on about the noise layers in after effects but it would be awesome to be able to make our own customised noise layers in other Adobe products aswell. If there is a way to do this could we get instructions on how we can achieve this thank you in advance 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To create and add your custom noise layers in Photoshop, you can indeed use image sequences with alpha channels, such as PNG sequences or GIFs with a transparent background. Once you've created your custom noise layer, save it as an image sequence with individual frames representing different levels of noise. To add this to the existing noise layers like electric, turbulence, flame, etc., you'll need to navigate to the "Presets" folder within the Photoshop installation directory. Typically, this can be found in the "Plug-ins" folder. Place your custom noise sequence in this directory, and the next time you access the noise options in Photoshop, your customized noise layer should appear in the list alongside the default options. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines