• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I change the particle flow direction?

Explorer ,
Apr 30, 2022 Apr 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have some text emitting particles. All is going well eccept the directions of the particles.

In "CC Particle Systems II" How do I make them flow to the right, not down?  Can I move the force of gravity to the side?

I am trying to make it look like the particles are being blown off the words with the wind.

Gravity only points them up or down, and the Direction option seems to do nothing.

The only thing I can thing of is rotate the text 90 degrees then in Premiere rotate it back, but that would be a huge pain.  I have had rotation issues with tracking where Adobe forgot to put an orientation option in, and I hope this is not the case here as well.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 30, 2022 Apr 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't. It's just a simple basic particle system that doesn't allow any fancies. You have to use other effects like Particle World or third-party offerings.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 01, 2022 May 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Physics section one of the Animation types is Direction.

You can then set the direction angle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 01, 2022 May 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thepixelsmith  Give you the best solution but I want to add you and set the gravity to zero if you want the direction to go to the side only. also, you can pre-compose your particles layer that rotates the composition the way you want

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines