• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I make a layer match the comp size?

Explorer ,
Jul 04, 2012 Jul 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rather than dragging the corner points and eyeballing a layer to make it fit the comp size (1920x1080), is there a keystroke or method that will do it automatically and precisely?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 04, 2012 Jul 04, 2012

Not quite sure what you are saying. As lasvideo said, the size can easily be set for solids. For everything else you may wanan have a look at the Fayer --> Transform fitting options in teh menu and the associated keys...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you generate a Solid Layer (one of many kinds of layers you can create) there is a button on the dialog screen that you can click on that says Match Comp Size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not quite sure what you are saying. As lasvideo said, the size can easily be set for solids. For everything else you may wanan have a look at the Fayer --> Transform fitting options in teh menu and the associated keys...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 05, 2012 Jul 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The layer is a sequence of stills--jpegs--timelapse.

I want to squeeze the the photos to fit into a 16:9 1080 comp--no black bars--distortion is OK.

I can do this by hand, but its hard to match up exactly--its always slightly over or under the comp size unless I zoom in and drag carefully...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There it is--Layer--->Transform---->Fit to Comp.....Ctrl+Alt+F

Thank YOu!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a note... distortion shoujld never be ok. Croping is better. I'd use Fit Horizontally to eliminate the black bars.

BTW, Black Bars are OK too for most. It's the only way you can watch Cinemascope or Standard movies on a HD TV without distortion. Distortion is bad....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 11, 2012 Jul 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How bad?

https://vimeo.com/45225466

Give me your honest opinion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the context of your vid - not bad at all.  Without a point of reference like a human or recognisable sign/logo etc, you get away with it fine here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree.

And I don't have to make any difficult crop decisions.  I get to keep all the sky--where the action is.

To be fair, I already had to crop because of the serious lens correction....

But wait--there was a human in there--ME!!  😃

(Too quickly in and out to make the distortion matter...=)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2017 Jun 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select File>Scripts>Demo Palette. This will open a palette in AE with a scale comp button. Simply select your comp in the timeline and click. Use should be easy to figure put.

You can also scale/fit layers.

Resizing a Composition

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2023 Jul 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Select layer -> Transform -> Fit to Comp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines