• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to apply trim path on multiple layers so that its start form 1st layer and end on last layer

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 15 shape layers in a row. And i want to apply trim path on the all at once... i want the trim path start form 1st layer and end on last layer but when i apply trim path on all layer Every single layer start its own trim path individually...but i want trim path start form 1st and end with last layer what should i do...I don't find any tutorial on YouTube about this... please answer me

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The simplest solution is to put all of the paths in one shape layer, group them, then apply Trim Paths to the group.

If you have multiple layers, you will need to tie each trim path to a slider control on one layer and then calculate the percentage of the total trim assigned to the slider and apply that calculation to the expression for each layer. 

For example, if the total path length was X and Path 1 was 30% of the X then the expression for a 5 second total move would look something like this:

t = time;
l = .3 //percent of the total length
mt = 5; // move time in seconds
linear (t, 0, mt * l, 0, 100)

If it were me, I would use the first option unless it is absolutely necessary to have the paths on separate layers. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2023 Jun 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Set up your trim path on Layer 1.

Select the trim path info. Copy it.

Shift+Select all the other layers.

Paste. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2023 Jun 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's not quite what @Ahtisham Khan was asking.  Your method (and I've just checked) copies the properties and keyframes.  You could stagger the keyframes of course, but Rick's solution of placing all the shapes in one layer and then adding a trim paths gives you a single property to control.

helped.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines