Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing Animate files (.fla) doesn't work into AE 22.6

Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all 🙂

I have a .fla file I want to import into my project in After Effects. Thing is, and old version of that .fla file was succesfully imported in an older version of AE. I had to change the Animate file, and when I try to import this new file, a message error says "adobe animate is required to import a .fla file" which makes no sense at all since of course Animate is part of CC Desktop... I'm suspicious it has to do with the last AE update, but I reckon I might be doing something wrong. Any idea why this could be happening?

Thanks!

ps. I tried to replace / reload footage with no success, export the animate file as a video, etc. Not proper solution, I'd need the fla file in the ae in order to make everything work properly

[NOTE: The title of this post has been edited by a moderator]

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Ochonotocho,

Welcome to the community, and sorry for the issue. Could you let us know which version of After Effects and Animate you are currently using? If you're experiencing this issue after an update, please let us know which versions you used previously.

Thanks,

Ishan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since we just had some updates - have you confirmed that both apps are on the most recent version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response 🙂 At the moment of failure, Animate is v. 22.0.8, and After Effects v. 22.6.

I reverted the update on AE to version 22.5, and everything worked properly again, so it definitely has something to do with the last update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you having this issue with all .fla files or only specific ones?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All the .fla files I've tried, I'm afraid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for confirming that. Let me ask the After Effects team about this issue. I'll get back to you once I get an update. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue with the latest update of AE, the previous version works fine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2022 Sep 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to add my Fla file the after effects, but it keep say it needs adobe animate, even if it's installed to my creative cloud. Can you help me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Blair25959313qy2w,

Welcome to the community, and sorry for the issue. Could you confirm which version of Animate and After Effects you are working on? Is it 22.0.8 and 22.6, respectively? Could you try publishing an SWF file and let us know if that works for you? Please check the Optimize for After Effects checkbox in the Publish Settings. 

Thanks,

Ishan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's After Effect 22.6 and Animate 22.0.8. And for the SWF file though, it only shows the beginning of my project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If possible, could you revert to After Effects 22.5 and let us know if you're still experiencing the issue? Here's how.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did the reversion and its working again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently experiencing this problem, where I can't get any of my animate files to work in after effects. Every time I attempt to import an animate file, I am granted with this error - "Adobe Animate is required to import a .fla file." I have been researching for hours and have found zero fixes. I have deleted and reinstalled after effects and animate, and have tried many different versions of both softwares. However, the problem persists. 

If anyone has had this issue before, or has any suggestions to fix, it would be significantly appreciated. 

This issue has halted my project...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's apparently some bug. You're not the first to report it. Export your Animate stuff as an image sequence or whatever for the time being.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2022 Sep 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated both my Adobe Animate and AE to the latest versions.  Animate 22.0.8 and AE 22.6.

When importing an FLA file on the latest versions, I get this error:

patach_0-1662927950087.png

Both are properly installed and working.

Downgrading AE to 22.5 resolves this error.

Does anybody know how to get this working on the latest version, or is this a bug that Adobe needs to fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a known bug. You're not the first to report it. Apparently something has changed that affects the file format structure and parser.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2023 Mar 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

use AE 23.0 , Its working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, 

I have filed a bug so the After Effects team can investigate it. 

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I am running into the same issue. How do we get notified when this is fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Jon,

When this issue is fixed, we'll share an update on this thread. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks Ishan. I am going to revert to 22.5 as well for the time being then, but look forward to this getting fixed as it's a problem for my current project too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cuando intento importar un fichero .fla (creado en Animate) desde After Effects, no me deja. Aparece un aviso diciendo: "Necesita Adobe Animate para poder importar archivos .fla. Para descargarlo, vaya a ..." Y tengo Adobe Animate. Tengo la suite completa actualizada.

Gracias

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's unfortunately a bug and you have to go back to version 22.5 to work with these files until it gets fixed in the next update.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot for your answer Mylenium.

I'll try to go back to 22.5

Have a nice day

ardiluzu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines