• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

justify center text on path animated after effects

New Here ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GOAL: I want text to follow a circle path that scales but doesn't scale the font size and keeps the word spacing, yet scales the spacing between the words, just like text center justify align.

PROBLEM: I have a circle and made my text follow a path. There are three words and I'm trying to space them evenly in a circle without breaking the letter-spacing. I tried to justify align center text on a path but the paragraph align properties don't work on a circular path because it doesn't recognise the space in the beginning or the end of the path and I need to animate the path therefore off-setting path would be too much work. Forced Alignment function spaces everything which destroys the spacing of the words. I need to animate the path therefore off-setting path doesn't work, so I'm wondering if there's a way to have text follow the path and be 'center justified align'.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

btw... 
I thought of a solution to have 3 separate text layers and rotate them 120° apart, then animate them individually which does the job, but the workflow is difficult and I'm sure there should be a better way : )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can think of a few ways to engineer something on a single layer, making use of text animators, but I don't know that it would be any less work than doing it with three separate layers. If you see value in specifically being able to do this on a single layer, or this is something you need to repeat with several different words, for example, I'd be happy to think through it further and make suggestions. 

You could also potentially approach this with an effects stack, if this is three copies of the same word. This would create the look, but may be more annoying to animate, depending on how you're approaching this.
Transform (adjust rotation)
CC Composite (uncheck RGB only)
Duplicate of above Transform
Duplicate of above CC Composite

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines