• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Layers aren't moving despite being parented

Explorer ,
Jun 26, 2024 Jun 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm working in AE 24.5.0 Build 52 on a macbook pro 2019 (latest software updates). 

I have some markers popping up on the map when I've zoomed in on Florida and I parented them to the map there. However, when the map zooms out, the markers seem to stay the same size and position and don't adjust at all. Am I doing something wrong? I tried changing things so they were parented to a null layer but it didn't seem to work any better. Thanks in advance for any help!

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 01, 2024 Jul 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the screen recording. Can you show more of your timeline, though to include your map layer and any keyframes for the map and the pins? How is the map zooming out? If it's not happening with position and scale, then parenting won't have any effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 14, 2024 Jul 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gotcha so if the layers are all 3D and I'm involving X axis rotation then it won't work? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 15, 2024 Jul 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you have 3D layers parented to another 3D layer, then yes, rotating the null on any axis will also rotate the 3D layers, but I'm not sure I understand what the issue is here from your short screen recording . That's why I asked to see some more of your timeline with additional keyframes–I can't really get a picture of what's happening in your comp. Is your map layer 3D? Something isn't lining up here, but what you want to do is definitely possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines