• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Make a mogrt for Premiere with non-rendering on-screen controls that appear in its Program Monitor?

Explorer ,
Mar 03, 2023 Mar 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don’t know if this is a feature available in After Effects/Premiere, or what terms to search for to find out.

I would like to make a mogrt for Premiere where users can drag an on-screen control on the Program Monitor to define the position where a graphic pops into existance.

Is this possible in After Effects?

I know I can have sliders that appear in the Essential Graphics panel Edit pane that can set the position. I'm looking for a non-rendering graphic that can be clicked to define position and then dragged to reposition.

I have been accustomed to this feature after using OSCs in Final Cut Pro templates I make in Apple Motion.

Alex4D

TOPICS
Expressions , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 03, 2023 Mar 03, 2023

Long and short: No. Premiere does not support interactive effects widgets from AE and a bunch of other stuff, so there is no way to rig up something even with fancy expressions and dummy layers.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Long and short: No. Premiere does not support interactive effects widgets from AE and a bunch of other stuff, so there is no way to rig up something even with fancy expressions and dummy layers.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. Obviously Apple’s Motion-made templates to Final Cut Pro feature list is on Adobe's long-term list of features to add to mogrts. I expect they are onto the hard things now.

Alex4D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a large project for a client that requires the same video content to be delivered in 4D, HD, 1080 Square, and HD Vertical for various social media platforms. I also often need graphics to line up with the right side or left side of the composition. I wanted only one MOGRT for each graphic, so I set up a menu system in Essential Graphis and used expressions to position the graphics in the proper place by simply choosing from the list. I also have the opportunity to fine-tune horizontal and vertical movement and scale if needed. One Mogrt and a menu are all that is required. It takes an editor about 5 seconds to position the graphic for any distribution format. That's the workflow I would use:

RickGerard_0-1677846667912.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines