New Here ,
Oct 11, 2017 Oct 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no option to puppet a rasterize AI file.  Best way is to pre comp and to use puppet pin tool on that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody seems to have a definitive answer for this problem, but the various answers gave me a clue as to what the problem might be for me. I'll post my experience so it might help others. Don't want to read? Try adding a mask that surrounds your layer and it should work.

I have used puppet pin many times with previous AE versions. Puppet pin didn't work for me when I tried using on AE 2019. It showed a dialogue briefly that said "autotracing". It added the Puppet effect but no pins. Dead end. I then tried it on the same layer, but with a mask surrounding the entirety of the image. This enabled me to add pins as expected, but used the entire area within the mask, rather than the alpha channel of the layer as it did in previous versions of AE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2023 Jan 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!! Seems there is an issue with using Puppet Pin Tool on PNGs with transparancy. Simply adding a mask surrounding the entire image made the puppet tool work again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2024 Mar 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This was the one! PNG with transparency as well. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2020 Jun 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One possible solution: the issue on my end was that no mesh was created and AE didn't allow me to create a new pin. So I just deleted the Effects from the layer and tried adding pins with the puppet tool again - it all worked fine.

PS: this is how my cursor looke like when I was trying to add a pin... it was very frustrating. Again, just delete effects and hopefully it works for you too.IMG_9749.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to use the Puppet Pin Tool, but it won't allow me to add multiple like I need to

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just ran up to the problem that my Puppet Pins had greyed out. I was not able to change anything other than to erase them and my shape which I had the puppet pins on had distorted (and it rendered like that). What I did to solve it was to increase the expansion of the mesh to a number where the problem got fixed. For my case it was 150. Hope this helps some of you as there seems to be many things that trigger this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is still not solved, does not work with PNG as it was possible in previous versions.

AE 22.1.1. Congrats.

All the listed options did not help. Perhaps we should get software for free for testing it, with each update AE + AME works worse

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, collegues. Stumbled over this issue in AE 2021 today. Through experiments got to the opinion that those yelloy pins won't show if you have a mask over the layer. Deleted the mask and the pin tool started to work fine. I animated the pins and only afterwards I put the mask on that layer. Don't know wht masking destroys the pin tool workflow

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pretty weird. I only can add pins to the image (AI-layer) if I mask it beforehand. I guess AE has some issues detecting the shape by the transparency of the image, but like to take the mask shape around it into account instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit: Adding pins like that takes forever! Plus It seems like there isn't a away of downgrading back to 2021. What a f*ck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2022 Jun 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot (33).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2022 Jun 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when add bones didn't add on specific object in after effects.how can i fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines