• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

strange sound Bug on HDD when open AE ?

Explorer ,
Dec 15, 2017 Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I do not know if I'm the only one, but I have a strange phenomenon sound that this append when I open After Effect Sofware only.

The hdd play in loop a strange sound like , reading+boom, reading+boom, reading+boom,  .....

to fix sound , I discovered by chance that I will have to open the window console resource monitor.!

like on this picture.

awfdwe3f34eg.png

When this open, phenomenon sound stop.!

Any chance to understand why a have this phenomenon only on AdobeAfter Effect????

i search for the sound on youtube, i not find a similar sound.

Its like a booting+ a boom in loop instead i open monitor ressource!!, but it not from my SSD, it form other drive !, and AE use only my SSD not HDD !

very strange!!!

thank

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 16, 2017 Dec 16, 2017

Don't you think it would actually be useful to show the disk tabs of the resource monitor, not the generic memory info? Regardless, I tend to agree with Dave. Your drive is going *kaboom*, no matter what diagnostics may say. The sound pattern you describe is typical for regions of the disk being damaged and the read/ write head being extensively repositioned and the disc slowed down and spun up again. If it happens with AE only it stands to reason that this affects the disk cache.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your description makes it sound like a hard drive is about to go bad on you.  Maybe you need a new one.

You should DEFINITELY back up all the files on  the questionable drive, no matter what.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no, no other software produces this noise.

Only after effect, and the diagnosis of the disc is positive and healthy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 16, 2017 Dec 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't you think it would actually be useful to show the disk tabs of the resource monitor, not the generic memory info? Regardless, I tend to agree with Dave. Your drive is going *kaboom*, no matter what diagnostics may say. The sound pattern you describe is typical for regions of the disk being damaged and the read/ write head being extensively repositioned and the disc slowed down and spun up again. If it happens with AE only it stands to reason that this affects the disk cache.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2019 Dec 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2019 Dec 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

using the seagate barracuda st2000dm008 2tb

1 day old

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did your drive end up failing? I have been using 3 of them with the  same clicking noise for a few years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2022 Jul 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

year 2022, i am using ST2000DM008 seagate barracuda as well and SAME observation i am hearing the clicking noise. Did any of your drive failed?? As far as i know i have been using the drive more than 4 years without any problem other than the annoying clicks. Also bought a new seagate barracuda same model and a 1 TB version all making the same clicking noise. It feels like its a seagate barracuda thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2023 Jan 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

death

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2023 Feb 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh waw i am still on the hdd, did it die shortly after the discovery of the noise or did it serve its time? Thanks for the reply. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines