• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Use opacity without showing what's behind, is there a way?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to make the same effect (whit opacity) without affecting other layers?

Captura.PNG

I want to make the hat like it's solid, but when I apply opacity in the layer, obviously it shows what's behind. Does anyone know a way to make the same effect but respecting the order layer, maybe whit some fusion mode or effect? Or do I just have to cut the other elements?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, your screenshot does not show us anything that you have done to the comp. It looks like you have some kind of layer or mask on a layer and you have reduced the opacity. I assume you are trying to create some kind of blinking eye effect. That is usually done with an animated mask or a track matte. 

Please describe your workflow in detail and include a screenshot of the entire timeline with the modified properties of all problem layers revealed. You can reveal any changes you have made to any layer by selecting the layer and pressing the "u" key twice. A little note about your experience level with AE would also help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did nothing special in this layer, just set the opacity to 0-100%. My "problem" is that I don't want the overlapping effect between the hat and the face. I would like the hat to be solid and the top of the head not to be seen. A clean cut with nothing behind.

Captura.PNG

The head (the marked red area) will not be visible while the opacity is being established. That it be clearly understood that the hat is on top of the head.

Captura2.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'll define my experience level as intermediate 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines