• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Whenever I package/collect files all the assets in the folder have zero bytes and cannot be opened.

Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've noticed this has started happening across multiple AE projects, and also now on my second mac. I select collect all files each time and for whatever reason it doesnt seem to bring across the assets properly. The actual AE project seems fine, as I am able to relink all the missing files from the original location on my comuputer, but I would like to be able to properly package my assets without having to do this manually. I have been able to do this fine in the past.

I am on the latest update of CC: 22.5, and have tried uninstalling/reinstalling AE, and also going back to previous versions. The only recent change i've done is install a plug in for Media Encoder, but this plug-in isnt on my other mac so not sure if that is the cause?

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Hi all,

Thanks for your patience.

This issue has been fixed in the latest version (22.6). Please update After Effects: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-discussions/after-effects-22-6-is-now-live/td-p/13157977

Let us know if there are any other questions.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Thank you, it looks like it's fixed after updating to 22.6!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you collecting the files from one computer and saving onto another?  And AE isn't transferring the files?  It might be a permission issue for copying files.  What happens if you try collecting the files onto the same computer, then moving them over?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I am collecting to the same computer. The new folder it creates with the assets is the one that is effected. I first noticed it when I sent it to a friend and they could not load any of the assets and I had to resend them all manually. It doesn't display an error when packaging so I assmuned it was packaging them normally, but when opening the packaged file on another computer it cant read any of the assets and displays errors for them all, as they are all 0 bytes in size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It says they are 0bytes on both my computer and all other computers the folder is sent to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never come across this before, so I'm out of ideas I'm afraid.  Have you contacted Adobe's support?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had this exact issue. I am using lastest mac m1 max 64GB. Monterey 12.5. My collects have been collecting zero byte versions and in some cases linked to the old files before the collect. I did solve this by collecting the files to an external drive. That works, but its a work-around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have realised after updating to the latest macOS Monterey 12.5 this bug has started. This is happening on 5 of our laptops now. I am yet to try packaging to an external hard drive to see if this solves the isssue, but at this point just praying for another AfterEffects update. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sophie h & Bryan25420555v586,

Sorry for your issue.

Is this happening when you try to collect files on a shared/network location or it's the same with local storage? Can you try providing Full disk access to After Effects and see if that fixes the problem?

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am experienceing the same problem and I'm just trying to collect the files on a local drive. I have given AE (and Photoshop and Illustrator) fill disk access per your suggestion and AE still creates asset folders with PS or AI files with 0 byte assets. Thank you for any help with trying to resolve this issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening to me and a coworker - started happeing in the last week or two. Super frustarting and has wasted a lot of time trying to figure it out - which I havent yet. I ended up eventually just copy and pasting the assets from where they were originally were to the new folder that was created with all of the 0 byte files so I could zip up and share the files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2022 Aug 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiecning the extact same issue with my co-workers too! 

we are all either working locally or from dropbox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the same problem. Even when I relink my links, I'm still not able to use After Effects. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. M1 MacBook Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried collecting to an external drive. That works for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2022 Aug 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having the same issue, and having to collect to an external drive. I have given After Effects Dull Disk Access. Any solutions apart from collecting to external drive and copying back across?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issue! whats happening ://

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

As a test, could you try creating a new user account on your computer and try to collect a project?

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curretly having this issue also!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Thanks for your patience.

This issue has been fixed in the latest version (22.6). Please update After Effects: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-discussions/after-effects-22-6-is-now-live/td-p/1315797...

Let us know if there are any other questions.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, it looks like it's fixed after updating to 22.6!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes it works for me now too, thankyou

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines