• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Test Movie doesn't open browser since updating to MacOS Sonoma

Explorer ,
Sep 28, 2023 Sep 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since updating to Sonoma on my MacBook Air, when I test a movie using Cmd+Enter, it goes through the publishing process but then does not open a browser, so I've no idea if the movie is working or not. Also, some of my HTML5 games that were previously working have started playing up - I just see a bunch of random images from the game (I've attached a screenshot), or the preloader just spins and spins. Are there any known compatibility issues with Sonoma? 

TOPICS
Product issue , Publish package

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

New Here , Jan 03, 2024 Jan 03, 2024

Also just a heads up, the bookmarked link to the local server will only work after publishing your animte file, and have Animate open (same as when you normally publish). This is what starts the local server, so as soon as you close animate, the local server stops working and the bookmark will no longer work. So simply export, then open the bookmart to test. Screenshot 2024-01-03 at 3.29.41 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , May 16, 2024 May 16, 2024

Hello,
The bug is now fixed, with the new Animate version 24.0.3 ! The preview export is working again. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

This issue also happens to me running Animate on a MacBook Air M1 with Sonoma.

I have to publish the files and then open them up using Visual Studio Code and the Live Server extension.

Please let the team know about this issue through this link:

https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

And regarding your other issue that I suspect it is related to the other topic that you created (https://community.adobe.com/t5/animate-discussions/game-hangs-on-preloader/m-p/14119058), are you running the exported HTML directly or using a server? Please let us know.

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I'm running the HTML file from the IIS web server on MS Server 2022.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show the browser's console?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume you mean for the game not loading problem?

[User requested removal of attachments as they contain sensitive data.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah.

Yoy have a syntax error on line 5593 of your index.js file. It's an unexpected ")".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The one after the curly brace? That happens 223 times in that file. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't see the actual code. Just the error message.

Can you show the lines where the issue happens?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never mind.

You attached the relevant code part.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried removing that bracket and the erro just changes to Unexpected token '.'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@pauls73381349 

i'm beginning to suspect sonoma as the culprit for that code error. can you test using another os?

if not, upload your fla to a file server and i'll test for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I'll try it when I get home.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 29, 2023 Sep 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it looks like everything's working as it should in the previous MacOS. God bless Apple. I've let Adobe know. Thanks for all your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@pauls73381349 

i'm seeing quite a few reports of sonoma and adobe issues in photoshop, indesign and illustrator and now this one in animate.  i suspect we'll see more in the animate forum (eg, @nicholaslue ) and perhaps elsewhere.

it seems like a pattern: apple releases a major update > adobe app (not just animate) problems are reported > one or two adobe updates and the problem(s) are fixed.  ie, i recommend not updating to a major apple update (if adobe apps are needed) until it's been released to the general population for 2 or 3 months.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2023 Nov 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I have the same problem here. I tried using 2022, 2023 and 2024 versions.

Anyone tried something else?

Regards. EB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2023 Nov 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Eduardo291700294t8h 

what os?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2023 Nov 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @kglad !

Sonoma 14.1  😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2023 Nov 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Eduardo291700294t8h 

you could try a previous version but i suspect that will have the problem, too and you'll need to wait for adobe to fix this bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

having the same issue here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2023 Oct 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i had the same problem, use version 22 and will work (worked to me)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys, we found a solution here. Just roll back Animate to a preview version, like 22. It's working ok with Sonoma. Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Thanks for the suggestion, but it hasn't worked for me. I'm now using 22.0.10 and it's still not opening in a browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using Media Encoder with the same version? 22

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had them both installed, so I uninstalled ME 23 and restarted the Mac, but it still isn't working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I don't know how to help you further, it could be that some other program is getting in the way or interfering. I have few programs installed and the downgrad worked for me, try removing other programs from version 23. If you manage to install version 21 it could be a solution too. A guy on the team had no problems with version 21 but for me it no longer appears in Creative Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines