• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Haven't been able to run Audition for several months!

Advisor ,
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone please adress this serious issue? I haven't been able to open Audition for months cause of this.  This is serious! I have deleted and installed this application with the same result. All I get is this error message. W10 is all up to date as usual. I haven't changed anything. This happened after a so called update months ago and it is still not working. I'm seriously considering leaving Adobe.

AuditonError.png

 

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

Okay, we were able to eventually hack a solution, although I still don't know WHY the problem is occurring.  Effectively, the Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime installers weren't installing the version of 2 DLL's needed by Audition.  The MSVCP110.DLL and MSVCR110.DLL were both failing to install to the Windows\System32\ directory though all other versions were installed as expected.  Ultimately, he needed to manually download and copy these files, after verifying the DLL files were digitally signed b

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to go to Microsoft and download the redistributable C++ library containing the dll, and install it. This has nothing to do with Adobe, and everything to do with something stupid that Microsoft seem to have done - a lot of people have run into this problem. You should find the appropriate package (the 64-bit version) here. If for any reason this doesn't work, then the only alternative is to uninstall Audition with the Adobe CC cleaner app, and reinstall again. The cleaner app gets rid of all sorts of odd things, and generally re-installations go better if the uninstallation is done with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@SteveG_AudioMasters_

Thanks for letting me know. I haven't received any official information trough the CC installer or anything from Adobe about this. That's surprising. The page your sharing has alot of links, to know exactly what file to download is impossible. Should I look for the filename that the error message is referring to? Namely the MSVCP110.dll? Haven't seen it there. Is it an .exe file?

When it comes to the cleaner app I guess your talking about this? https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Wow, that's quite an daunting operation for the cleaner tool. Don't know how that will affect my corporate licens. This is an innstallment from work with thousands of users on the same CC licens. I'm allowed to add and remove CC apps of course, but I have no idea what the licens data is or anything like that. Playing around in DOS on this machine is scary business too. Don't even know if I have the proper rights. If this is a widespread error and dealt with by many Adobe users, are they really all running this complex operation to solve it? Right now just quit using Audition and find another similar software seems like my best solution. I'm just baffled by all of this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You wouldn't have recieved anything from Adobe, because it's not an Adobe problem - it's just something that happens to a few Microsoft users, and really not that many. I'd say that it's far from impossible to select the file on that page - I said it was the 64-bit one, and there's only one of those: it says x64:vc_redist.x64.exe. You have to run the installer - you cannot reload single .dll files. And don't worry about it - you are basically doing a repair to something that is already there.

If you are worried about running the CC cleaner, then take the computer back to your IT dept - they'll be able to fix that for you, although if you follow the instructions it's fine and you don't have to have your head buried in DOS either. But try running the file above first; that should reinstate the missing .dll

And let me reiterate; no, it's not widespread, but also it's not unknown. And it's not anything that Adobe did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I innstalled the vc_redist.x64.exe. and ran the CC cleaner process. Your right, the process was straight forward. I then re-innstalled Audition and did a OS re-boot. Nothing changed. Still the same error message when I open it from the desktop icon but now it apperas twice in a row. I close the first and receive the second in the same instance, it's the exact same error message. When clicking "Open" directly from the CC desktop app centre nothing happens. No error message. No opening. Nothing. When I try to open Audition directly from the Windows program menu I receive the same error message, twice in a row. Same as when double clicking the desktop icon. Every other CC app runs fine from everywhere. I decided to delete the CC desktop app and re-innstalled it. Audition does still not responde at all from the Open button there. Looks like Audition is just out of reach for me at this stage. Really don't know what to think of this. Frustrating.

AuditonError.png

When clicking Open from the CC desktop app centre there's no respons at all.

CC apps.png

 

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well now we need to see the installation log... you can find that by reading my final post in this thread: Audition crashed - now what? Yes I know it's not a crash as such, but every time Audition attempts to run, even if it fails, it creates a crash report. What you need to do initially is copy the text of the crash report into this thread, because if the problem's obvious, we might be able to tell you what it is. If it isn't obvious, then you have to submit it to audbugs@adobe.com and see what the developers say...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've enclosed the two log files that I found in the folder named 12.0. In the 14.0 folder I have no logs folder.

audition_logs.png

audition_logs02.png

 

 

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So can you locate the crash file indicated as being at

C:\Users\Eier\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Audition\12.0\c7fa0009-57ce-4a0b-8d26-47691450c789

and post it, as it looks as though this will contain the required information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm unable to find any file or folder named c7fa0009-57ce-4a0b-8d26-47691450c789 in that directory. I also placed a global file search in Windows but it didn't return anything. The folders I have in that directory is shown in the attached screens from file explorer above. I went trough them one by one but I couldn't find the file your referring to. Is it supposed to be a .txt file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fault logs are always text files, yes - and if you can't find them, despite the system claiming to have created them, something is seriously wrong. One thing that can definitely cause problems with running Audition at all is the status of the user; you need to have admin rights on the machine before it will work properly, or even at all. One of the things that happens is that the non-admin user doesn't get access to some of the system folders, which might account for what you aren't seeing...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is my personal workstation, it's a stand-alone. I have another stationary at work. So this Windows innstallment is mine, there's no other user. It's not connected to a shared network or anything either. No other person has access. If the file your are reffering to is carrying the name c7fa0009-57ce-4a0b-8d26-47691450c789 it is not located in the directory your are pointing to on my machine. Not in any of the available folders and not outside them in same directory. Audition was working fine until straight after an update I accepted many months ago. After that it's been out of reach like explained. I have no idea why but if it's a problem located with MS that's a shame cause nothing happened after innstalling vc_redist.x64.exe

PS: I have been to the office to test the PC that is mine there, that machine is somewhat restricted in terms of admin etc. Audition is working there but it's an older version as I havent' accepted updates for a long time there. It has the same Windows OS version number cause the OS is updated automaticly by the corporate system. The CC Enterprise licens is also the same on that CC innstallment. That's what I meant about same installment. It's thousands of CC innstallments within the company and a plethora of PC's, MAC's etc. Some have their corporate machines only, others like me have several but are working from home on our privat machines but in terms of CC licenses it's the same Enterprise licens. I did a Slack post on this Audition topic in our company and alltough Audition isn't the most common application I received two messages sharing the same error as me. They too are toally stuck with this and they are also working on stand-alone clients with same Windows version number and same Audition version as me. One had gone trough the exact same processes as I have with cleaner and exe file etc. The other has not yet but I'm gonna hear from him later today. So far no good news on his part.

Wish I could roll back the Audition version substantially on my personal workstation to see if that could sort the problem out, but last time it worked was several months ago. I was hoping someone on the forum would come up with a "magic fix" to this issue altough it's non a direct fault from Adobe but an issue with MS - but the months passed by and I'm still not able to open Audition. I'm working from home so the PC I'm using Audition from is this. I've tried to reach MS but no response. Since the issues at hand is on my personal machine corporate IT can't solve it either. They adviced me not to update anything Adobe on the workstation at the office. Just to clarify we are working on stationary machines, not laptops. At least for this type of work anyways. Guess the only solution to this is to find another audio editor and accept that Adobe Audition and MS aren't best of friends. It's been similar stuff before where MS and Adobe are blaming each other, the still so familiar UI scaling for highres displays is still going on. Well SteveG, I'm happy you tried helping me out here. It's much appriciated. People like you deserve a medal, I came further than anytime before in trying to solve this but seems like it's back to starting point now. Could that crash file name be something different?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going to attempt to pass this to the devs - don't see what else I can do at this stage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thanks. If anyone reading this have experienced similar thing I hope they responde. I really like Audition so I would like to keep on using it if possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Warning: I have absolutely no idea whether this may or may not be helpful to you, or even whether it is correct!

I notice you are running under an Enterprise License for Audition and CC.  Can this licence be applied to a computer which is not directly connected to your company's server, assuming that the server actually holds the licence files?  Or, does any computer running under such a licence need to periodically check the validity of your licence to use the software by "calling home" to that server?  If so, can your computer connect to that server?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I'm not quite sure if I understood your question but as an Enterprise user I can install CC on any machine with my email credentials and I use my own personal password if I need to log out/in. I can use this access on any computer, doesn't matter what network it's connected to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Trent5F95 

Thank you for your post!

As I said, I had no ideas whether the licence was the problem here.  Clealry, it should not be!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@emmrecsThanks for the input here. In my case the license itself seems to be in order as I'm able to open all of the other Adobe apps I have installed on the same license. The issue seems technical of some sort. I really hope the Adobe developers are able to have a look at it and share some light on the situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for digging into this far, Steve.

@perrybrus I'm going to reach out via email since I think we might want to troubleshoot directly.  We can share the findings on the forum thread afterward.  Please watch for an email from me this morning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for verifying the email you sendt for authentication. I have responded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay, we were able to eventually hack a solution, although I still don't know WHY the problem is occurring.  Effectively, the Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime installers weren't installing the version of 2 DLL's needed by Audition.  The MSVCP110.DLL and MSVCR110.DLL were both failing to install to the Windows\System32\ directory though all other versions were installed as expected.  Ultimately, he needed to manually download and copy these files, after verifying the DLL files were digitally signed by Microsoft, and then Audition would launch without issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines