• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Bridge Performance Suggestions

Explorer ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right now all of our users are stuck at Adobe Bridge version 8.1.0.383 and the application is just about unusable with crashing, errors, and lockups. I have followed the steps to troubleshoot Bridge with little improvement and I am wondering if there is a more stable previous version that stands out? Any suggestions on a specific version?

The reason we are stuck is Adobe software going from serialized licensing to named user licensing. This conversion for the company is apparently a huge undertaking by the IT staff to accommodate the change of licensing. If the functionality is a critical need, then the guidance is find an alternate software solution. So there is pretty much a version freeze expected for the remainder of this year on all Adobe software that requires named user licensing.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Performance , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which OS are you on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This makes no sense. Bridge 8 was part of CC which has always required subscriptions. Anyone who has Bridge 8 just installs the current version 10. You can't use Bridge 8 without being licensed for later versions as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At work we never have to sign into the CC like i do at home. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They presumably have a Teams subscription. It doesn't matter, you are still licensed the same.

Your IT folks need to contact Adobe for assistance. Along with being a photographer and graphics professional, I've worked in IT (for both Apple and Microsoft) for years and resolving license issues is a core IT function. It doesn't take months or even weeks to get resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, I fill your pain, I'm also stuck with that version at work, and noticed that the beforelast version of Camera Raw (12.1) seems too "agressive": I had to disable jpg support in ACR, in order to be able to update metadata on files without getting an error.

With all the security software running on this machine we have here, I also have to use the file info panel, rather than the metadata panel, for the metadata changes to "stick", they are now accepted without error, but don't materialize in the file.

I hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines