• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Batch rename changed my files???

Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using bridge for over two years and ony ran into this problem today for the first time. While batch renaming my photos, I noticed I have had a number of photos come out as a different file than they went in as, meaning I now have some photos that were .CR2 that now show as jpeg files, and vice versa. Even the medata reflects this, so the only way I am able to tell them apart is by looking at the file size. Files that were originally CR2s that now show as jpg are mostly around 20MB, while the files that have become CR2 range around 6MB. What happened and how do I reverse this??

TOPICS
Batch , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Collin,

Can you explain the process you are doing this renaming process? What menu commands, etc.

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure thing Gary. I have been using the default settings in batch rename with my chosen file naming convention, and saving for compatibility with Windows.

1.jpg

I have used these exact settings since late 2018 without issue. However, today I have had random issues with these files being saved at the wrong format as you can see below. These two photos were my original camera output files for the same photo - one in CR2 and one in jpg. The first screenshot shows what was the original CR2 is now a jpeg, and the second shows the original jpeg is still a jpeg. The only way I'm able to denote which is which is through file size, with the photo on the left being about 5 times larger.

2.jpg3.jpg

I'm so lost. Thanks in advance for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look, I'm very sorry but I have to get back to you tomorow, I have to get off the computer right now.

It does appear that things look correct. I will take this break to research this and see if I can find any record of this but boy, it should NOT be doing that. 

For the record, can you please let us know what Bridge release this is and what version of Windows you are on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a problem, I'm not in a hurry here. I am using Bridge 2020 on Windows 10.

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just experienced the same thing and it took some time to correct this. The client was waiting for images and this was very annoying! Anyone else that have issues like this?

Steffen 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines