• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge 12.0 - batch rename doesn't work

Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preset only “Default (Modified), nothing else!

The same at “New Filenames” I can only select Text, nothing else.

I uninstalled and reinstalled Bridge, but it’s still the same.

Who can help me?202201_Adobe_Bridge_Rename Fehler.jpg

TOPICS
Batch , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 22, 2022 Jan 22, 2022

Problem is solved!

https://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/kb/troubleshoot-errors-freezes-bridge.html

2. Reset preferences, reset the default workspace, and purge the cache.

Damaged preferences or workspaces can cause unexpected behavior in Adobe Bridge. Purging the cache can fix display issues for thumbnail previews.

• Start Adobe Bridge and immediately press Ctrl+Alt+Shift (Windows) or Command+Option+Shift (Mac OS) until the Reset Settings dialog box appears.
  • Select all three options--Reset Preferences, Rese

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Batch rename has its quarks.

First off, you need to type your file name change in the correct dialog box.  See attached.

Then select if you want the files to reside in that folder or somewhere else.

You will see a preview at the bottom of the panel of what the new renamed file will look like.

You can add spaces after your rename value or numbering sequences.

If you like what you see, you can go back up and save it as a custom preset.

If not just run batch rename.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not my problem. I miss the Presets!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a bug many of us have experienced and reported in multiple threads. Current solution is to roll back a version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clicking on the down arrow to the right of the Preset drop down box does not seem to work.  To see other values for the Preset field, make sure the Preset field is highlighted and click shift-down-arrow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2022 Jan 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem is solved!

https://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/kb/troubleshoot-errors-freezes-bridge.html

2. Reset preferences, reset the default workspace, and purge the cache.

Damaged preferences or workspaces can cause unexpected behavior in Adobe Bridge. Purging the cache can fix display issues for thumbnail previews.

• Start Adobe Bridge and immediately press Ctrl+Alt+Shift (Windows) or Command+Option+Shift (Mac OS) until the Reset Settings dialog box appears.
  • Select all three options--Reset Preferences, Reset Standard Workspaces, and Purge Entire Thumbnail Cache--and then click OK

Everything ok

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2022 Jan 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pleased that has worked for you. Adobe support couldn't get it to do that for me and the only fix was a roll back to the previous version. I see many others having similar issues so hopefully whatever the bug is they fix it soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2022 Jan 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe when we see pigs start to fly.

I hope so. The issue is so random and doesn't effect everybody.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue: Batch Rename doesn't allow to change "Presets" nor "New Filenames". I reset everything and purged the entire thumbnail cache and still, the problem persists.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. tried so above sugesstion but no luck. Workaround is currently:

- click on the dropdownlist

- scroll through the values ith the arrow keys

- IMPORTANT: select the value with the "blank" key

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the "blank" key?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quess its on a need to know basis ...............

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

blank key = space key = spacebar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 20, 2022 Feb 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad it worked for you.  Sorry to report I have to join those in the replies that were, like me, unsuccessful with this path.

I did install previous version 11.1.1 and it DID work... so there is a clue.

Adobe: Ball is in your court, I think.  Looking forward to the next fix for Bridge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2022 Apr 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome!!!! IT WORKED... Just saved me hours of frustration. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many user have this issue, there is a bug with the drop down menu in version 12.0.1.246, at the moment the only solution is roll back to version 12.0.0.234, look at this discussion

https://community.adobe.com/t5/bridge-discussions/drop-down-menus-for-file-names-in-batch-rename-not...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem not solved by resetting pref etc.

Issue just repeats itself.

Only solution for me: revert to previous version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same problem, both Win10 and Win11, Dutch language setting, drove me crazy. What worked perfectly fine for me, was to use the scroll wheel in order to use the drop-down box to choose an option > change text into metadata or whatever. In other words: the drop-down boxes can only be used via the scroll wheel of the mouse (Logitech, in my case). You have to be careful and just point at the drop-down box and not click on it (remedy: click twice). Clicking only worked - after scrolling - in the Type Text field. I understood that somebody else had to use the space bar to activate the drop-down boxes - that didn't work in my case, but t's clear that the way the drop-down boxes get the focus is messed up. So now the developers can fix it, shouldn't be difficult. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Melanie22737901pqv7 ,Hello all, 
The dropdown issue is fixed in the latest Bridge release (version 12.0.2). Do update to the latest available version.
Find details of other bug fixes here: https://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/kb/fixed-issues.html#may-2022

-Subbi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 14, 2022 May 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FINALLY!  Yes, version 12.0.2 appears to be working as intended.

Glad you got rid of the specific file extensions and allow us to enter what we need.

Also noticed string substitution as part of renaming.  Hadn't seen that before.  That will be handy.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 15, 2022 May 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not quite fixed Subbi....

Now it is back to freezing the progress bar in the pop-up dialog box.  If I wait long enough and crash it with the Windows Task Manager though, I find that the rename has been completed even though the frozen progress bar was just sitting there preventing the screen from refreshing.  Can't you lot get a fully working version out there for the paying customers?AdobeBatchRenameDialogFreeze.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2024 Mar 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Only works if you can get to the Batch Rename window........................if I select multiple file folders it is not able, not much use for managing large data sets!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines