• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge 2023 issues

Explorer ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have installed a new Bridge and unfortunately the changes made to it make my earlier workflow very difficult compared to the previous version:

- Enter works like a cursor in the content panel instead of opening files

- preview colors of photos (all types of files) are completely different than displayed in PS. I tried to change the color spaces of the monitors, but it only introduced chaos and I don't know how to go back to the previous settings

- enlarging the size of the thumbnaili using ctrl + scroll does not work, and the magnifying icon under the panel, e.g. "content", overlaps other icons if it is squeezed, making it impossible to use it

- the overall layout is worse in my opinion and it cannot be adjusted to my requirements and habits

I wanted to go back to the older version, but then the cooperation with the new PS does not work (e.g. image processor) and I think I will have to downgrade the PS to the previous version as well, so these new updates do not make much sense to me.

Do other users have it too?

TOPICS
Bug , Feature request , Image processor

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Hi all,

We're happy to announce the release of Adobe Bridge Beta (13.0.3.686). This update includes the fix for this issue. To see the list of all fixed issues in this Beta release, click here

Please update or install Bridge Beta via the Creative Cloud Desktop app.

Steps to install/update

InstallGo to the Creative Cloud desktop app and select Beta apps in the left sidebar of the Apps panel. Then select install for your beta app.

Update: Go to the Creative Cloud desktop app, click on 

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 261 Replies 261
Explorer ,
Aug 24, 2023 Aug 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my Cloud Software I do find the BETA BRIDGE software, however it doesn't
show the 14.0.0.57 version, the newest version I see is the 14.0.0 version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not only can you not open in a new window... WHICH I USE WITH EVERY JOB, so that I can continue to work in other windows.... there isn't a file count at the bottom any longer. Can't see how many files are in folder...or how many are selected anymore either. That needs to be there too. 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see the file count at the bottom of the Content Panel as it always has been. However, if you make the Content Panel narrow, it will not be visible.

2022-10-25_13-08-33.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2022 Oct 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@gary_sc thank you for doing such a great job at explaining - and in a way "defending" this new update. It's becoming evident however, that this new workflow doesn't work for a growing numer of professional users. It would seem you have a more direct wire to the people at Adobe. Please use your influence and have them fix: 

1. Multiple windows (Open New Window) 

2. Left Right cursers don't work when returning one folder level back up 

Thank you so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @bjoernzedlick thank you. I am trying to help, but in 30 years of using Adobe products, of 10 years of helping folks, this release is a result of insufficient resources and a schedule that was not realistic. 

Trust me, they do know the issues here and they are working on what they can. However, since I do not work for Adobe, I do not know what or when things will be fixed. So, please be polite and patient. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 25, 2022 Nov 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually Gary, the file count HASN'T always been at the bottom of the Content Panel.  It was moved there around Version 2019.  It used to be right across the bottom of thew Bridge window and didn't disappear when you reduced the size of any of the panels.  Now if your Content Panel isn't wide enough, you see squat on the bottom of the screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there some reason that you can't have more than one view of Bridge open at once.

Is there any way to make the view on the outside of the images lighter it is black with white letters?

It is really hard to read?

This is the worst update of Bridge that I have experienced.Am I alone in that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No everybody hates it and its a complete disaster. Worst bridge release i can remember... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been faithfully using Bridge all day long since it its introduction and it works great for my needs!!! I would usually have 2-5 windows of it opened so I can move/copy/paste  assets as needed. I HATE this new version because that beautiful function is gone!!! Plus, now you have to either double click or use Ctrl+O to open anything...instead of just hitting ENTER. The loss of these features have caused my productivity to DROP significantly!!!! Please correct this mistake.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The worst version of Bridge I've ever seen, impossible to work with this version. I had to go back to the previous version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im getting a software crash everytime i eject an external drive....  or if i try to rename a file inside bridge....  this current upgrade is really not enjoyable at the moment...

I'm also getting color profile or rendering intent in Camera RAW when opening a file..  what i see if photoshop vs oin CR...  the blacks are super dark and come color go a bit wack!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry for the crazy typos...  i must of been frustrated when i wrote this...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had crashes when moving 3 files that had a yellow label, then attempting to change the labels to green.  It crashed every time until I first added a label color to a different file in the folder.  Then everything worked as normal.  It is not yet stable, I would expect some updates soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

On my 16" Macbook Pro M1 (32GB) the memory usage was okay but the CPU usage was very high almost contstantly - even though all image previews have already been rendered it seems like it kept re-reading them and trying to create new disply sized previews. When scrolling up and down the image previews vanished and re-appeared.

When I emptied all Caches it seemed to stop and then started again. Don't quite know what to make of it, but it looks like there are a few bugs.

I have to say that Bridge 12.0.3 was by far snappier, faster, easier to navigate - and didn't exhibit these bugs. Reverting back to it solved the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it's awful isn't it. Luckily i have the old version on my laptop still but i've been looking at other ways of doing my workflow recently. Photo mechanic for exaple...

anyway, they seem to have gone back in time wioth this as it looks like a windows 7 layout. and very clunky to opperate. I'd love to restore the old version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the directional arrows missing on the directional slide bar now? Also getting a lot of pop up messages and having to restart my computer just to get back into my drive folder where I store m raw files. Lots of bugs to be worked out. Has dramatically killed my work flow at the worst possible time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone at Adobe actually have to use this program in their work day? If they did, they would be as frustrated as us and would never have released this update. This guniea pig is switching back to bridge and photoshop 2022 (make sure you go back on both, as 2022 and 2023 don't seem to talk to each other)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I totally agree bridge 2023 is absolutely terrible for all the above mentioned issues.

I went back to good old reliable 2022 but now none of the photoshop functions

under tools work even on the old version.

I keep getting this message even though latest photoshop version is installed

fartothewest_1-1666980288177.png

I woner if thes was ever beta tested before launch, very dissapointing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you need to make sure you roll back PS to 2022 as well, the 2022 bridge
can't work with 2023 PS

--
P A U L B E L C H A M B E R / R E T R O C A R D S / R E T R O B A D G E

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've rolled back to Bridge vers 12.0.3 and working OK with Photoshop vers 24.0.0 using Windows 11

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2022 Oct 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed bridge 2023 beta and it seems to resolve most of the the issues we have all having.

You cannot change the size by using the scroll knob but there is a size adjustment on the bottom of the panel.

So far everything seems to work including all the photoshop functions under tools.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2022 Oct 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do I install "bridge 2023 beta"? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't even get Bridge to open up PS anymore?? I have to close the app and re-open. Its seems like every time I update everything gets jacked up. Beyond frustrated. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Opening via regular file association still works for me, but the PS-Tools don't. 

It's really quite surprising how little to no thought went into this "update". 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines