Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge 2023 Open New Window

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am looking to open muliple windows in Bridge 2023. It used to be under file > new window .

Does anyone know where to find this feature?

Thanks? 

TOPICS
How to , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

You can now create multiple content panels, instead of creating multiple windows in Bridge 2023.

Please refer the following link for the known features/issues - https://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/kb/known-issues.html

Thanks,

Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

More specifically, you want to choose File > New Content Tab, and if you want to detach that tab and drag it to another location or another display, drag the tab. [UPDATE — August 4, 2023: New Window is back, in a beta version for user testing. For more info, go to: Adobe Bridge Beta is now available (14.0.0.57)]

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Aug 05, 2023 Aug 05, 2023

Hi,

The latest Beta build 14.0.0.57 brings back support for 'Multiple Windows' along with a few new features.
For a complete list of features available in the Beta build, please refer to the community post : 
https://community.adobe.com/t5/bridge-discussions/adobe-bridge-beta-is-now-available-14-0-0-57/td-p/13986216

We would love for you to try it out and share feedback.

Regards,
Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 151 Replies 151
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

You can now create multiple content panels, instead of creating multiple windows in Bridge 2023.

Please refer the following link for the known features/issues - https://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/kb/known-issues.html

Thanks,

Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had to revert to Bridge 12 as having multiple windows/instances of Bridge running is critical to my workflow. I tried to make undocked tabs work for most of the day, but I need at least three full-screen windows, sometimes up to six, across two monitors. It's okay that content tabs work well for some people, but why does it have to come at the expense of multiple instances - why not have both?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2022 Oct 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed. I use multiple windows when transferring digital files from my cameras. And maintain multiple windows for the particular image folder, the SD card, my "digiprep" folder, etc. Same for design work...the working folder, other assets such as clip art, and so on. Really bummed by this newest (de)improvement. 

From somewhere on Colorado's Continental Divide...
~ fotomatt
linktr.ee/fotomatt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a link that Adobe posted on its facebook page regarding this. There are multiple complaints on that platform regarding the destruction of Bridge 2023. In essence, you can uninstall this mess and install the older version. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html

Hope this helps all of you! 

~ fotomatt
linktr.ee/fotomatt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2023 Mar 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've installed the older version to fix this problem. But when I want to start an action in Photoshop from Bridge, I'm told to install the latest version of Photoshop. (installed  allready) , and bridge quits. So I'm back to zero. ANy ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that is a pain. With smallish numbers of files I'm simply opening them into Photoshop and applying the actions there. Not ideal. For larger numbers of files I close older Bridge and use the latest, debilitated version to process the action, then revert to the older version... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When do Adobe act?

--
Photographer
Patrick Miller
MANOCAMERA
https://patrickmiller.se/
manocamera@gmail.com
Skånegatan 84
116 37 STHLM
tel: +46 735 10 40 30

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 18, 2023 Jul 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@architectuurfotografie ... and for anyone else who comes to this help thread with the same problem...

Try Preferences>'File Type Associations' and change to the version of Photoshop you prefer to use for any file that you think you want to open directly in that version. 

This is an educated guess, mind, as I haven't tried it with the specific action you are referring to, but it is worth a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2022 Oct 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not accceptable. It's way harder to use and removes quite bunch of UI that you might actually want to have. You will be adding open in new window back. It's not optional, unless you want to lose even more professionals. There isn't a single like on the Bridge 2023 announcement post. There's a reason for that. It's terrible. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is this marked as a correct answer? The extra content tab is useless as you can't maximize it on it's own, nor does it come with its own panels and work bar etc. Please give us the option back to open a completely new instance of bridge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does Adobe have any thoughts of fixing this problem?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Horror!
Why you regelar kill wery useful functions?
Content + does 10% of the useful things I could do before

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wrong answer and not an answer at all Adobe Team. Look at the responses. Toss 2023 in the dust bin and build off 2022. Keep the ability to open multiple windows. Multiple tabs is NOT the same thing and doesn't function the way its users need it to. Congrats on the Worst Update Of Any Software surprassing even Microsoft. 

~ fotomatt
linktr.ee/fotomatt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 23, 2023 Aug 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FOLLOW UP TO MY EARLIER COMMENT:

NEW MULTI-WINDOW BETA ANNOUNCED:

I'm excited to start working in this Beta version. 

I had the wonderful opportunity to meet with (S.P.) head of Adobe Bridge team by Zoom last December to explain why multi-window workflows in Bridge are such and important and necessary asset for photographers. I was given the opportunity to share my screen and walk through my typical photoshoot workflow using Bridge (before and after working the images in Lightroom). I use this workflow every day and also have been teaching this to my college and private workshop students for more than a decade! 

I am very happy to learn that Adobe has listened! 

Matthew E. Lit

[Personal Content removed by Moderator]

@fotomatt, Not everyone in these forums is a good person. Do not leave your personal information for anyone to see.

~ fotomatt
linktr.ee/fotomatt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 24, 2023 Aug 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you've got their ear, Matt, get them to fix the nonsense labels on the tabs in the toolbar (Windows) - I tried it and had six tabs all called the same thing, defeating my efficient workflow yet again.

A Bridge 2022 user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2023 Aug 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @AndrewSouthard ,

Thanks for reporting. This will be fixed in the upcoming Beta release.

Regards,

Bridge team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 29, 2023 Aug 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @AndrewSouthard 

We have just released a new Adobe Bridge 2024 Beta build (14.0.0.94) which fixes this issue.  We would love for you to try it out and share feedback.
For a complete list of fixed issues, please refer to the community post announcement: https://adobe.ly/3YUMmBd.

Steps to install/update

InstallGo to the Creative Cloud desktop app and select Beta apps in the left sidebar of the Apps panel. Then select install for your beta app.

Update: Go to the Creative Cloud desktop app, click on Update in the left sidebar of the Apps panel, and Check for updates. Then click Update for your beta app.

Regards,
Bridge team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 31, 2023 Aug 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Varun,

The first time I tried to open a new window, Bridge (Beta) crashed, but after I reopened it, it worked fine. The named tabs are good and function well, and I played around a bit with new features. I like the panel isolation/enlargement/focus with the tilde key, similar to Premier Pro and Audition. I'm too busy with other work to do a deep dive in, but I'll let you know if I find any issues later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2023 Aug 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you !  Very encouraging .  i miss multi-window ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 26, 2022 Nov 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not an acceptable solution. There are a ton of great features in the Bridge 2023, and content panels can definitely be useful. But the ability to open multiple windows is core functionality, that when missing completely cripples my ability to work productively! I've been using Bridge since version 1, and I work with multiple monitors and multiple spaces/desktops on my Mac. I always have several bridge windows open, frequently on multiple monitors.

Please please ¡please! reenable multiple windows! I can't use Bridge without this capability.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 16, 2023 Feb 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THIS IS NOT A "CORRECT ANSWER" to the inquiry.  Content Tabs are not the same as the "New Window" function.  Maybe take these complaints to your bosses, instead of gaslighting us?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2023 Feb 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is NOT a correct answer. I for one like the new tab feature (and the smaller UI) but I also need to open multiple windows.

My problem with the tabs is that each tab retains the same opened/expanded folder structure as the other tabs. This is a mess. Our image library has hundreds of product folders each with multiple nested folders within them. If I have 5 tabs open, each looking at a different product folder and each drilled down to sub folders, each tab shows ALL the expanded folders open across all the tabs. If each tab had a unique expanded folder view that ONLY showed the folders relevant to that tab then this would be better. I hope that made sense?

However, I really think Adobe simply need to re-introduce the option to open multiple windows ASAP.

For now we are having to revert to Bridge 12 for our workflow.

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2023 Feb 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A total disaster for my workflow, so easy to redo as for now i have to use both 22/23 so time consuming.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 03, 2023 Mar 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes please return the old functionality. This is annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines