• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge not displaying the correct Application program that updated the jpg

Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The <Application> field in <File Properties> displays out of date information.  If I update a file using PhotoShop Elements 2021 (PSE), the <File Info> field in PSE correctly shows that PSE updated the data.  However the equivalent field in Bridge 2022 shows the previous application (ie, my camera).  Both ACDSee and IrfanView correctly show that PSE updated the file.  I use this field to recall what files have been updated and is therefore important.  I may well continue with ACDSee instead.

On further investigation, I have discovered that the field described as <Application> in the Metadata is displaying the <CreatorTool> field from the XMP instead of the <softwareAgent> field.

Is Bridge displaying the wrong information or alternatively, which MetaData field displays <CreatorTool> field?

For example, Bridge displays '1.01' as the Application when it should be displaying PhotoShop Elements.  Here is the line from the xmp file that is displayed as 'Application' in <File Properties>

<xmp:CreatorTool>Ver.1.01 </xmp:CreatorTool>

'1.01' relates to the camera used to take the photo.

And here is the line showing the correct data but I cannot find where it is in Metadata.

<stEvt:softwareAgent>Adobe Photoshop Elements 19.0 (Windows)</stEvt:softwareAgent>

How do I find the metadata for software agent in Bridge?  Or is Bridge displaying the wrong field?

I have attached the full xmp data as found in Bridge File Info Raw Data.

TOPICS
Bug , Metadata , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?