• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can you sync metadata in Bridge?

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been editing metadata in Bridge ( I find it the easiest Adobe software to to this in). But I am struggling to see where I can sync the metadata from one file to another? 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select the master file, then Tools->Create Metadata Template. Check the items you want to sync and save the template. Now you can apply it to your other files and sync that metadata.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I was hoping there would be a faster way than creating a template - similar to the function in LR. I might end up with endless templates this way!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just delete extra templates when you are done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm aware of this method but I was looking for a simpler function similar to other Adobe applications such as the 'sync metadata' on LR. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is probably a script floating around the Internet that would do this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mocked up a quick script that will copy ALL metadata from a file and apply it to all other selected files. This could be refined with a dialog and checkboxes to select which metadata is sync'd.

Save this into a PLAIN TEXT file with file extension ".jsx". Open Bridge Preferences->Startup Scripts and click the Reveal button, then drag the .jsx file in and relaunch Bridge. You'll see a new "Sync Metadata" command under Tools.

If an error comes up while running this, its likely that you have selected files which cannot contain metadata (say, a Word file.)

--------------------

if(BridgeTalk.appName == 'bridge'){
var metaSyncMenu = MenuElement.create('command', 'Sync Metadata', 'at the end of Tools');
metaSyncMenu.onSelect = function(){
try{
if (ExternalObject.AdobeXMPScript == undefined) ExternalObject.AdobeXMPScript = new ExternalObject('lib:AdobeXMPScript');
var thumbs = app.document.selections;
if(thumbs[0].hasMetadata == true){
if(confirm('Apply all metadata from ' + thumbs[0].name + ' to selected files?') == true){
var ftMeta = thumbs[0].synchronousMetadata;
var ftXMP = new XMPMeta(ftMeta.serialize());
var ftUpdatedPacket = ftXMP.serialize(XMPConst.SERIALIZE_OMIT_PACKET_WRAPPER | XMPConst.SERIALIZE_USE_COMPACT_FORMAT);
for(i = 1; i < thumbs.length; i++){
thumbs[i].metadata = new Metadata(ftUpdatedPacket);
}
}
}
}
catch(e){
alert(e + e.line);
}
}
}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, thats great. I'll give it a go now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines