• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

El Capitan & Adobe Photo Importer

Explorer ,
Oct 03, 2015 Oct 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The photo importer callable from Bridge no longer recognizes my cameras since I installed El Capitan.  I've disabled Apple's Phottos.app from importing.  Is there a workaround, or is it bye-bye Photo Importer for me?  I am of course NOT using CC, but PS 12.last update on a Mac Pro.

--Gene

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 14, 2015 Oct 14, 2015

Hi everyone,

Also I would request you to keep an eye on this thread - Bridge: Issue using Photo Downloader on Mac OS 10.11 - El Capitan

We will be updating this thread when we have new information.

Regards

Rohit

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 183 Replies 183
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2015 Oct 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rohit but this is not helpful in my case. I use a Canon EOS 400D and there is nothing in the user operations that allows me to change the transfer protocol. Is this going to be the final suggested fix from Adobe on this subject or are you still working on a 'proper' fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jayesseff,

Yes indeed we are, this is just a workaround as if now, thank you all for your patience.

~Rohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem in Photoshop Elements 13.

Do you know if the new version (Photoshop Elements 14) has the same issue? I mean, would it help to upgrade to the new versiĆ³n?

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jotapebernal,

Regards

Rohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your quick response.

Thanks to the link you posted, I could import my pics thru Image Capture App.

I have also posted the inquiry in the Photoshop Elements forum, as you suggested.

Thank you again for your help.

Regards,

Juan-Pedro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 05, 2015 Oct 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rohit's advice is to use the Macs Image Capture in place of Photos to upload.

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2015 Oct 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Careful if you follow this advice about the Ctl+Opt+Shift start... doing that  it has now wiped out a year's worth of Keywords and Labels data in several Smart Collections.  That sure helped my problem of the Adobe Photo Downloader not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2015 Oct 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And by the way... the Adobe "work around" doesn't work. Changing PTP/MTP to USB mode/Mass storage doesn't launch Adobe Photo Downloader and instead defaults to Mac Photos even through auto downloading is turned off in Photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 28, 2016 Jul 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a REALLY,REALLY,REALLY bad idea. It wipes out ALL collections. Thanks for the help...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2015 Oct 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Thank you for the feedback, I tried what you mentions (all three). Still no luck.

Also I noticed the quality of this menu (only this one) is a bit blur (it happen after installed El Capitan). Other menu are fine.Screen Shot 2015-10-04 at 15.08.26.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Elements Organiser Photo Downloader also has the same problem. It no longer detects my iPhone for downloading images. Surprised this was not picked up in beta testing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue with my Adobe Bridge not acknowledging my Canon 7d nor my iPhone since upgrading to El Capitan. 

please tell me that Adobe is working on a fix for this now.  I have tried everything that has been suggested above spending my entire afternoon trying to resolve this problem and it is still there.

Frustrated Adobe user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>since upgrading to El Capitan... Frustrated Adobe user

Should that not be frustrated Mac user?

Have you told Apple that their update broke your software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or "frustrated computer user"... It is impossible for us users to tell whose fault this is. Apple may have had very good reasons to implement the change they did if it corrected other problems or improved some features or stability for the vast majority of users. Or they just blew it. Impossible to tell.

The fact that this forum or the Apple forums or other forums on the internet are not flooded by reports, suggests that it is a problem for a limited number of situations, which was difficult to find in beta-testing.

Anyhow, I hope that both Apple and Adobe realise that enough users are affected for them to discuss this urgently with each other and send out an update ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I chatted with Adobe support regarding this issue and was told that the developers are aware of the issue and working towards a fix.  Because I want to be able to use my Adobe applications I reverted back to Yosemite until a fix is found for this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fiddled about for a few hours. Finally used Lightroom to grab pictures off the camera. Apple Photos grabbed them but exported jpegs instead of RAW files. Probably a setting but since Lightroom got me to where I needed, it is my temp work around for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2015 Oct 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

exactly what I have tried and how IĀ“m handling it at the moment untill the problem is fixed. Annoying...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2016 Sep 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how did you get access to the images in bridge after uploading to lightroom ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 12, 2016 Sep 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bridge merely looks at the files on your hard drive. Lightroom merely catalogs image files. If you import your files from your camera into Lightroom, one of the settings for that import is choosing the location on your hard drive that the files will copied to (the default is your Pictures folder, in a collection of folders based on the date the images where photographed). In Bridge, simply navigate to the folder location where you've imported the images to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same import photo problem with Bridge. Nikon D750 not recognised since El Capitan (MacBook Pro retina 15"). Bridge will import from the memory card SD Lexar Professional 32GB via USB card reader. Only problem I have and I always had it, is that Bridge doesn't always import in the correct shooting sequence, very annoying when shooting continuous shots. I rename my files with date prefix  YYYYMMDD + sequence. Any suggestions on that last point welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well fortunately I have an old system version on my HD so I couldd revert to it and import pics. Seems to be rather time consuming for Adobe and that is rather frustrating. On another note; shouldnĀ“t this have been caught/noticed in the developer seeding postings ? I assume Adobe as a major firm have had their developer kit as well as beta versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See this documentation for more information. Photoshop Elements and Bridge use the same Photo Downloader: Elements Organizer does not recognize some devices | Mac OS 10.11.x

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2015 Oct 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. iPhone 6 is not detected from Bridge. My D700 ond D800 is not detected from Bridge when connected with USB. D700 and D800 cards detected from Bridge when using card reader. All detected from Apples Photos app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a Mac you can use imageCapture in the applications folder.

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2015 Oct 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

imageCapture will not rename your files in the process, which is the main reason I use Bridge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines