• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to export workspace settings?

Feb 20, 2012 Feb 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is, I work with a two-monitor setup. One is the actual working area with a painstakingly constructed layout of panels, the other one has a synchronized window with a full-screen Preview. Every once in a while I accidentally close the working area window, and because Bridge only saves a "current state" in workspaces, my painstakingly crafted window is just gone, poof (sound effect, not slang).

I know I can save a duplicate working space. That makes it somewhat easier, but I still have to delete the botched working space and create it again as a copy of the duplicate. This, coupled with the fact that the first stage of any troubleshooting on Bridge is to nuke all settings, makes me a bit uneasy with the solution.

I would be very grateful if someone knew of a way to export workspace settings so I could just load them back in when I mess up or Bridge does.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guru , Feb 20, 2012 Feb 20, 2012

~/Library/Application Support/Abobe/Bridge CS5/Workspaces/YourSpaceName.workspace

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a link to KB document.  There is entry for Workspace and file location that might do you job.  http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/828/cpsid_82893.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

~/Library/Application Support/Abobe/Bridge CS5/Workspaces/YourSpaceName.workspace

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! The files are there and I will test them out shortly. Do you happen to know what the !! means in front of the workspace files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think those are the app ones… Don't know why it does !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you happen to know what the !! means in front of the workspace files?

That are the ones created by the Bridge system itself, you should have the ones without the exclamation notes, those are the one you have saved as custom workspaces. Make a back up of the one you want to replace and when needed quit Bridge and copy the back up to the original folder by replacing it.

Although not sure it is guaranteed, there have always been some issues with the use of two monitors and Bridge. Can't check myself I use one but that is a 30" inch so not real need for a second one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Omke Oudeman wrote:

…Can't check myself I use one but that is a 30" inch…

Daag Omke!

Would you mind disclosing the resolution of your 30" monitor in terms of pixels (so many pixels wide by so many pixels high) ?  I'm just curious to see how such a large monitor compares to my two side-by-side 22" monitors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Feb 21, 2012 Feb 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you mind disclosing the resolution of your 30" monitor in terms of pixels (so many pixels wide by so many pixels high) ? I'm just curious to see how such a large monitor compares to my two side-by-side 22" monitors.

Hallo mr de Gokker!

Nice to see you also here

The resolution I use with my 30 " is the default one and set to 2560 x 1600 pixels

If I can take a little 'gamble' I assume the total pixel amount of 2 x 22" will be more, but I never could get used on the two monitor set up. I just like my tools to be close to the image I work on, and using the pen tool with a lot of Brushing and switching to different layers and combine this with action pallet in button mode that needs also a lot of pressing it would be to often en to much distance to travel for my hand, but that's just personal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your speedy reply, my friend.

The two 22" CRT monitors can run at up to 2048 x 1536 pixels each, for a total combined resolution of 4096 x 1536 pixels, but then the text in menus and dialog boxes becomes impossibly tiny for me to read. 

I actually run them at 1280 x 1024 pixels @ 85 Hz each, for a combined 2560 x 1024 pixels, which is very easy on the eyes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

which is very easy on the eyes.

I can understand that, and to be honest, with my big screen at this high resolution and without my computer glasses I would not be able to do my work correctly...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I presume you know you can change Photoshop's UI text size in Preferences -> Interface? I don't think Bridge has this but at least it's something! I have a macbook pro 15" with the hi-res display and enlargening the text size helped my eyes considerably.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, thank you.  It's already set at max. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines