• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Label & Ratings not working in Bridge

Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2019 Feb 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Bridge Forum! I've Got a new iMac Pro and latest version of Bridge (9.0.2.2019) - we tag a lot of photoshoot images and I have lost the whole ability to Label (colour label the file with red: cmd-6 for example) or add a rating (Add a number of stars to a file eg with the number cmd-5 for a '5-star' image). When I press these keys it doesn't change in my thumbnail (content frame) or change in my filter frame. I am using (and have always used) 'Essentials' workspace. I've never had this problem before. And it's quite urgent the whole reason we use Bridge is for tagging and editing down our choice form big photoshoot reels - any help seriously appreciated. CP

TOPICS
Metadata , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are your images on a network drive? If so, there is a bug in the latest version of Camera RAW (and numerous posts about it.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - Thanks ! Yes they are on our server, via the network - but they are just jpegs.it’s for every file unfortunately

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 26, 2019 Feb 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear User,

Please reset Bridge preferences as per Troubleshoot Adobe Bridge for freezes and performance issues 

Let us know if the issue persists.

Regards,

Abhishek Seth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Abhishek - Thanks for the tip - I just did that (reset the prefs etc.) and it still doesn’t work….

Pirate Crew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2019 Aug 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running newest update and did the reset but stars og labels still doesn't work. So frustrating!!

Files on a SD card

MacOsX

Bridge 9.1.0.338

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 12, 2019 Aug 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its no surprise that files on an SD card can't be edited. Copy them off the card first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What? This is not an answer on the issue? This use to work and I don't have the time to copy hundreds of files to my local drive if I need to do a fast edit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously? You are trying to work off an SD card directly? Give it up, copy the files to your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You obviously have no insight whatsoever in a professional photographic workflow. If you don't have any real answers to how to solve the problem, please just stop. I pay a lot for this license and I expect it to work, not to half-work so I have to spend more time on my work - time I could have used on a much better way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, I'm a working professional photographer. Second, its a really bad idea to work directly off an SD card. And third, there is no reason to be abusive to volunteers who are trying to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work the same way. label the photos on my sd card and then transfer them over. And I'm a proffesional photographer. Maybe if you weren't so condasending....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps this work from earlier today was not for nothing then (apart from pushing me to expand my newbie scripting abilities, which is not for nothing):

Re: Star rating stopped working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2019 Feb 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*Following

Experiencing the same issue of stars and ratings not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 01, 2019 Mar 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2019 Mar 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try rolling back your current version of ACR to see if that helped?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 02, 2019 Apr 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Adobe aware of this? It's really annoying and allready more than 1 month. We work in a team with 10 people of wich 2 photographers, 2 film makers and designers and it's really annoying not to be able to work with pictures on a server the way it should work. Did Adobe mention an update roadmap anywhere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And to add. Rolling back to a previous RAW version is not an option because we're working with the new Olympus OM-D E-M1X camera's.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have the latest version of ACR installed?

Bridge relies on it to show raw files.

ACR 11.2 is the only version that supports your camera.

Cameras supported by Camera Raw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe does not support working off a server. Copy the files to a local hard drive to use them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Working from a MAC - files are on a server. It would be insane to have to transfer all my files to a local computer just to use Adobe - which, itself, is a cloud based system (i.e. not local either).

I did the full reset of preferences as mentioned above. This has been going on for awhile now and I have a team of photographers whose workflow and efficiency has been affected from it.

To say Adobe doesn't support working from a server couldn't possibly be accurate. All the largest companies use Adobe and server based systems (I used to work for the New York Times in advertising and it was entirely Adobe and servers).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Troubleshoot issues with networks, removable media in Photoshop

CC is NOT cloud based, the programs are all local. Only Lightroom CC and Lightroom Mobile plus features like Libraries and Typekit use cloud data directly.

Just because something works doesn't mean that Adobe supports it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 07, 2019 Apr 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for reporting your issue.

This issue has been fixed with latest update of Camera Raw CC (11.2.1). Please update to the latest version via Adobe Creative Cloud and let us know if the issue persists.

Regards,

Varun Varshney

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 08, 2019 Apr 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it works now! Thanks!

Sadly the updated introduced a new bug. Whatever the filetype associations in the preferences of Bridge, doubleclick always opens tries to open the file with After Effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 09, 2019 Apr 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi wilmarboer,

Thank you for reporting the issue regarding filetype associations. We are working towards a fix for this issue. The current workaround is to :

go to Bridge preferences-> Startup Scripts and uncheck Adobe After Effects CC 2019 and relaunch Bridge.

Regards,

Varun Varshney

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines