• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF output quality in Bridge 2019 still bad

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wondering if whatever is causing Output from Bridge to create poor quality PDFs  is going to be corrected. Both Bridge2018 and Bridge2019 produce PDFs with dark, grainy images. If I need to create a PDF to show someone some image options, I have to open an old copy of Bridge2017 to produce one that looks good. Image professionals should be able to expect accurate display of their images when using the premium, and most expensive, product on the market.

It'd also be nice if someone could get right of the unnecessary "Photoshop CC is busy..." message that sometime appears when you use Tools > Photoshop > Image Processor...

And finally, is there any reason you can't paste a file name into the "Save As:" dialog box when using Output to Export to PDF, like you can on any other dialog box on any other application ever created?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[moved from Adobe Creative Cloud to Bridge]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi duanez,

Request you to share some sample images for which you are facing issues in creating correct PDF output at abseth@adobe.com

We are working on fixing pdf output issues in future versions of Bridge and your sample files will help us debug the issue.

Also please let us know if you are getting "Photoshop is busy " message for some specific files only.

We will definitely note down your feedback on being unable to paste names while exporting cache.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2019 Jan 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. When I adjust raw files in Adobe Camera Raw via Bridge 2019 (or 2018), the previews look good on screen. When I then generate a PDF from Bridge, the PDF looks awful (Mac 10.13.6) in either Preview or Adobe Acrobat and print terribly - too dark and harsh. This has been going on for a while now and is a big problem. If I work on the same raw file images in Lightroom instead of Bridge, I get excellent results, but I don't want these files in my Lightroom Library.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2019 Aug 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed, this is a very frustrating problem. Is it being worked out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Agreeing with Duanez.

Adobe IF IT AIN'T BROKE DON'T FIX IT!! ...........STOP UPGRADING FOR THE SAKE OF SAYING THAT YOU ARE UPGRADING.

The only thing I use Bridge for is PDF. I have to go to an old computer with PS4 to be able to get pdfs that don't have Gamma shifts that make them look like crap. I also work in Premier. Same problem...all exports are a crap shoot that I have to put adjustment layers on to look relatively close.

I'm working on a new Imac pro that I dropped 6k on and loaded all the latest versions of the programs on, thinking it was going to make my life easier! It did not

Quit making your customers your test monkeys. If I want to spend my time solving puzzles, I'll buy a crosswords book

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines