• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Same Image files have different names in Bridge CC & Windows Explorer

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2019 Jan 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a couple of folders of images stored on a Synology DS1815+ NAS and the file names have changed on them all by themselves.  Here's a sample of what the new name looks like: 2TPN8Q~4.CR2
In order to bring those image files to a useable name, I used Bridge CC to rename the files and it didn't seem to work.  When looking at those files in Bridge they aren't renamed.  But when I go to Windows 10 File Explorer and look at the files, they have the correct rename file name there. Here's a sample of how that renamed file in Windows Explorer looks: 06132018_0001 
How is it possible that Bridge CC can see a different file name than Windows File Explorer?  And why won't Bridge CC show the correct file name?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 13, 2019 Jan 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ToddQuam,

Please reset Bridge preferences and purge cache for the files causing issues.

Let us know if the issue persists.

Regards,

Abhishek Seth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 14, 2019 Jan 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also be sure to check for any firmware updates to your NAS, that could be causing problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines