• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Searching for images in folders

Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know how I can select a folder and view its content whithout going into it? I have multiple folders in a year lets say. I want to select one after the other and get a preview of the content in the preview window. The preview window only shows the folder icon! I only need to "peek" into the folder in order to know what's in it...

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

No, the only way to see whats in a folder is to open it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, the only way to see whats in a folder is to open it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Such a horrible tool Adobe bridge is--
Shaul Firon
(personal information removed)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Such a horrible tool Adobe

Bridge is. Wow

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, that's not completely true. On the Mac you can use Apple's Spotlight to do the searching, if the keywords are related to images, they will show up in the "images" region of the find.

If you have HoudahSpot, in the search type region, click on "other" and there is a list of potential catagories that you can have as catagories to search on. Check the "Metadata" checkbox and you can search specifically for metadata throughout your harddrives (and attached HDs as well).

Yes this is a failing of Bridge but there are other ways to get what you want.

I do not know the Windows system so I do not know what searching capabilities are for you folks. HoudahSpot is not available for Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Don't mean to be rude but this is obvious. I could by Photo Mechanic da. Bridge has been there forever and like other Adobe product adding features snail speed especially around Adobe marketing need cloud sharing and such. I wish there a way to rebel / replace this monster. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines