• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Thumbnails continually rebuilding

Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2012 Dec 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got an update for ACR (CS6) today and installed it. Suddenly, EVERY time I open Bridge or return to it from another page, it starts thumbnailing my images from scratch. We're talking hundreds of images in this folder. This is new. It did not do this yesterday. What is going on and how do I fix it.  If I leave bridge (even if it's still open) and I go back to Bridge, it starts doing the thumbnail extractions all over again and THEN starts on the full size extractions all over again. The result is that all of Photoshop has slowed to a crawl. This is the second time in a month that an update has caused new problems that did not exist before. It's beyond frustrating.

that's cute. I just sat through 10 minutes of full size extractions counting down. it got to zero and STARTED AGAIN. Okay, guys, what's going on? I have 50 gb of images from Asia I need to process. I truly don't have time for this. And the thumbnail extractions just started over again.

Message title was edited by: Brett N

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 576 Replies 576
Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2013 Sep 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me, it is still inconsistent. One moment, four or five images among 450 will regenerate. Then the next day, it will be 200. No clue why. It also occasionally subsides if I also have tif images with the raws in the folder.

And here's an interesting sidelight...I just bought a new laptop and cloned my old windows 7 OS and everything else onto it. But I updated CS6 and also installed CC. Guess what doesn't happen on the laptop in either CS6 or CC.

???????????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Dec 09, 2013 Dec 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SG... wrote:

Yammer case (ACR crop bounds set) is a different trigger than Yvette's, but they may point to the same underlying cause. The ACR team is lookng into Yammer's crop bounds and I'm going to make sure they are aware that Yvette's case may not be the same thing, but it would be good to investigate them at the same time.

Steve,

The crop/distortion bug was finally fixed in 8.2.  You mentioned that you were going to make the ACR/LR team aware of the similar bug which appeared in 7.3.  Please can you say what happened with that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Meanwhile, what I feared most about my subscription problem with CC  finally happened. I was in Arizona at a friend's house. Their computer was down, they had no wifi, I couldn't get my ethernet to work (an unrelated story), the nearest Starbucks was 40 minutes away and I got kicked off CC. I tried to open Photoshop and got the same message that my trial version had expired. I was totally locked out. We finally had to drive somewhere so I could get online and sign in. This will inevitably happen in some third world country and I will be w/o Photoshop/Bridge/Lightroom while on assignment. I've had endless discussions with morons in India who do admit the problem is not mine and nothing they've done has fixed it. Since it is happening both on my desktop and laptop, yes, I agree. No I am not going to uninstall and reinstall Photoshop.  The fact that when I do get back on I am thrown to the registration page and then no matter how many times I hit 'continue' it doesn't progress has to have something to do with all of this. Steve, if you are watching this forum, I really, really need to resolve this and putting another ticket into Adobe tech help, then waiting two weeks for someone who can't help me isn't  the answer.

On the positive side, my regeneration problems have been resolved

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You probably would receive much faster help to post in CC Forum as this seems like the basis of your problems.  http://forums.adobe.com/community/creative_cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without having a solution for your problem and sorry to hear this I don't understand how it could happen. Having a year subscription you should be able to use your applications off line for a period of 99 days before regenerating your subscription license. Also the constant appearing to the registration page should not happen.

Since you mention also the trial expiration message might it be remnants of earlier trial versions are still present at both your systems if you have used the trials on both machines?

While knowing it is painfully I really would start the official uninstaller in combination with the Adobe cleaner tool followed by a deep search of any Adobe file and manual delete this.

Off course before doing so you need to back up your personal and custom settings and keywords etc. but I can't think of any other easy solution to avoid this happening again.

But maybe Steve G. has a better solution at hand?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Omke Oudeman wrote:

But maybe Steve G. has a better solution at hand?

Oi! I was here first!!

This thread is already 15 pages long. Can we please try to stay on topic?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry, i will go to the CC forum. Good suggestion. Thanks for the link. I still fumble around here trying to find forums. And for what it's worth, I have never, ever, anytime, downloaded a trial verson of any adobe product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Yammer,

I contacted a collegue who works directly with ACR  and gave him the particulars and test files. I haven't kept track with any progress. I can take a look and see if there's any updates.

regards,

steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For whatever it's worth, I just got the new Canon 70D and the regeneration problem is not happening AT ALL with RAW files from that camera while it is still happening minimally with images from the 7D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

SG... wrote:

I contacted a collegue who works directly with ACR  and gave him the particulars and test files. I haven't kept track with any progress. I can take a look and see if there's any updates.

That would be fantastic. Thanks, Steve!

They did a great job fixing the crop-and-distortion bug, but the 7.3+ bug is still present and causes much higher repeat extraction rates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ycardozo,

I'll see if I can get you better support. I'll contact you directly for more details on case numbers and preferred contact times/methods.

I'm not fully versed on the known issues with valid activation not getting recognized.

regards,

steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was hoping you could put me onto the right track with this. Thanks. It's a minor inconvenience when I have internet but became the major problem I feared in Arizona.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jan 18, 2014 Jan 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Steve.

Any luck?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2014 Jan 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve, your suggestion that I turn off the creative cloud management palette seems to have solved my latest problem. I haven't been kicked off or locked out of Photoshop since and when the prompt to register (again and again) shows up, I just ignore it since I know it won't work. As best as I could tell before this solution, CS6 opened whether I was locked out of CC or not. And as for the regeneration  problem, it seems to be solved with the 70D but still happens a bit (I'm talking 50 images out of 450 regenerating) with the 7D. I have since sold my 7D.  I don't know if this last bit of info helps whoever is working on this but I wanted to pass it along.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 15, 2012 Dec 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hudechrome wrote:

... the gist of the matter is once I got there, unzipped the file, I did not get an 8bi file, just 1002.

1002 is the acr 7.2 64-bit plugin .8bi file.  Rename <1002> to <Camera Raw.8bi>.. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hudechrome wrote:

I'm trying to replicate the problem myself and I need a bit more info.

Are all the files in the folder edited or only a few, maybe only one?

Is the copyright info put in later  or during upload?

In my limited tests cache regeneration problem can be seen if any -- even one -- raw file has been edited in acr (has acr edit badge in bridge content thumbnail display).  I tried one where all I did in acr was open the file then save file as dng. The addition of the dng file to the folder seemed to trigger the problem.

I haven't isolated this for sure, either to copyright data only or other file info IPTC data.  What I have observed - uncontrolled test - is that it does not matter if file info (from Bridge File Info) was applied before or after acr edit.  I've seen problem when there have been both acr edits and Bridge-applied file info data to one or more raw/xmp file pairs, but not every time.  I've not yet tested if IPTC file info to xmp from template can cause condition, or if it follows from bridge call to file info process that writes back to xmp file.  I suspect the latter but have no tests yet to confirm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

interestingly the continuous regeneration doesn't seem to be actually affecting the performance of the program (meaning bridge). In other words, I can do further acr corrections, add info, etc. etc. and open the images in photoshop with no problem. so i am curious about whether this repeated regeneration is harming anything. it is unsettling to see the little circle go round and round.  also, is this just a pc problem or are folks on macs having this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Robert,

After reading this post, I decided to work with the current folder, containing some RAW processed and metadata. I added a .dng from DxO, then purged the cache. The cache rebuilt successfully and stopped.

I'm going to try the test folder now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I ran the test. Files with no XMP data copied to the test folder. I opened ACR and did a WB correction then closed. Next, I ran them through DxO to create the dng's, added a bunch of stuff to xmp, then purged the cache.

No problems. The whirl stopped in a few seconds.

Cannot reproduce the problem here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what camera do you use? in my case, it's canon so the raw files are cr2 files.  see if the problem happens when you are NOT converting to dng.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine are nefs. (Nikon)

The first goaround a few posts back were w/o any dng's. So we have both with and without dng's run.

Now that would be interesting if it was confined to CR2's! I can test that perhaps tomorrow when I can borrow a few frames from my neighbor's 7D.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that is exactly what i am shooting...the 7D. Are you saying you have NOT had this problem with the nikon nefs? wow, i really look forward to seeing what you find.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when i created a test folder with just the cr2 files and no metadata, i did NOT have the problem. you need to make sure you have metadata files and also perhaps some acr corrections.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 13, 2012 Dec 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You could certainly try a cache purge for a single directory ( small number of files) to see it it continues to cycle.

Does this happen with a particular format or is it across the board JPG, PSD, Camera Raw?

steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jun 17, 2015 Jun 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fixed in Camera Raw 8.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines