• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Thumbnails in Bridge went crazy after 2019 update

Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I installed all of the cc2019 updates and Bridge (worked normally on cc2018) started to behave crazy. I mean all works except preview thumbnails. I get some kind of "static interference" pattern instead of previews.

I completely uninstalled and reinstalled Photoshop and Bridge to solve the issue but no luck.

Computer is iMac Pro 27".

On my old iMac 27" (2011) it works normally after the update.

Screenshot 2018-10-15 at 20.35.22.png

Any idea?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Dear Users,

We have released a new version of Adobe Bridge (CC 2019) on 2nd November 2018. The new version build number is 9.0.1.216. This version is available to install via Adobe Creative Cloud application.

This Bridge update resolves the thumbnail rendering issue on iMac Pro devices and has few other bug fixes.

Please let us know if you face any issues.

Regards,

Siddharth

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 155 Replies 155
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We have released a new version of Adobe Bridge (CC 2019) on 15th October 2018. The new version build number is 9.0.0.204. This version is available to install via Adobe Creative Cloud application.

This Bridge update contains support for managing media cache files (https://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/using/media-cache.html).

Please check following link to know about all new features in Adobe Bridge CC 2019 - https://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/using/whats-new.html

You may need to update the Creative Cloud application and restart your computer to see the updated installer.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sheena,

thanks but your answer doesn't help. I have all the latest. I am talking about latest Bridge update. I have latest Creative Cloud.

So, this obviously has nothing to do with my problem - thumbnails preview error in latest Bridge.

Best,

Mario 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've reported the same to the product team as well.

I'll update you once I hear more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mario,

Request you to go to launch Preferences (Command+K) , go to Advanced tab, and select "Use Software Rendering".

Now relaunch Bridge and purge cache for the folder which is showing incorrect preview and thumbnails, allow cache to be generated.

This should solve the issue at your end.

Please let me know if the problem persist.

Regards,

Abhishek Seth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, didn’t help. It showed normal preview for a second and then it switched back to “static“ again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For now I can preview with the old version of Bridge (2018). That seems to be the work around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried to go back to 2018 but it is no longer available for download. In all these years I can't remember an instance

when Adobe allowed such an imperfect product get by them. Keeping my fingers crossed. Right now, I'm pretty much out

of business.

Harry Abernathy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harry,

You can download the Bridge CC 2018, and other older versions from Creative Cloud application. Please see the red highlighted area in screenshot below. The older versions are available under "Other Versions".

Bridge.png

Thanks,

Deepak Gupta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2018 Oct 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope there will be a fixed CC2019 Version soon. Same problem, iMac Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2018 Oct 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a similar problem with Bridge CC 2019.

Not possible to get thumbnails from .Tif files while with Jpeg and CR2 they are visible.

Capture d’écran 7.png

For several Tif files I get a smaller thumbnail

Capture d’écran 6.png

I am working with a Mac Pro

Capture d’écran 5.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to use all the 2019 CC versions but Bridge is impossible. I changed all the prefs I thought might be a problem but found no fix. I opened Lightroom but its method is opaque to me, seems like instead of using my file structure, I have to recreate an entirely new library. Bridge is just so convenient. I guess I can keep on using  the 2018 version. If Adobe is not working on Bridge because it is free, as someone pointed out, I hope they can add file browsing features to Lightroom. In fact just make a Bridge-like interface choice in Lightroom. That might work for me.

Follow The Sand, a 5-year movie plan: Wholeo 2024

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree with you, using Bridge is almost impossible

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

I found finally the problem,

CameraRaw was not anymore installed! While Adobe Creative Cloud said it was up to date. See the dump screen.

I reloaded CameraRaw and all went OK

Michel

Capture d’écran.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please update to latest CameraRaw (version 11.0), restart Bridge, and purge the cache for these files.

Thanks,

Deepak Gupta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Have absolutely the same issue. iMac Pro, Bridge CC 2019 goes crazy with thumbnails. Restarting, updating to Camera Raw 11, changing to software rendering doesn't help.

It works flawlessly on iMac 27 2011, much better than cc2018.

Please, do something to make it work as good on iMac Pro 2017. Maybe this is GPU drivers issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also it crashes quite often.

Usually I work without "Preview" tab. Last crash was when I tried to open "Preview" tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All, same problem here on iMac Pro 27. Please do something. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here.Works on  new macbook pro 15" but not iMac Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Seems like this is an issue with GPU driver. Please use the software rendering option in Bridge.

Launch Bridge -> open Preferences Dialog -> Advanced Tab -> Turn on "Use Software Rendering" -> Restart Bridge -> Now purge cache for above shown files.

Please check and confirm.

Thanks,

Deepak Gupta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Deepak,

that’s what I did (Abhishek suggestion). As I said, didn’t solve the problem. What puzzles more that it works as it should on my 2011 iMac 27”.

Best,

Mario

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, unfortunately forcing the software rendering in both bridge and camera raw does not solve the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, I have updated all applications, enabled software rendering, cleared cache and restarted bridge, no success.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The software people at Adobe will have to sort this out. I have also tried the above.

Whats wrong  with using the previous version in the mean while, it works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whats wrong  with using the previous version in the mean while, it works

Huh, yes I haven't thought of that. It's simple, I put this here just in case somebody needs this.

- Go to creative cloud, find bridge, select manage.

Screen Shot 2018-10-16 at 14.51.34.png

- Choose one of the previous versions

Screen Shot 2018-10-16 at 14.51.47.png

- Click on the triangle left from the icon and start an old version.

Screen Shot 2018-10-16 at 14.51.57.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines