• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to convert to DNG

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I download photos from my Canon EOS R, I tick the convert to DNG box. However, it keeps saying it was unable to convert. So I keep having to do this seperately with the Adobe DNG converter. I'm using Windows 10, any help would be apreciated. Thank you.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the the continuously updated Creative Cloud package. Importing NEF files with Bridge has been hit or miss for the past few weeks. Behaving inconsistently, two days ago all but a few files converted, today, one of 37 files converted. ACR does not report any of them as a "Damaged File".  So there's a workaround software, Adobe DNG Converter. For some reason I cannot get the executable to download, which leads me to the question, why is DNG Converter not available thtough the Creative Cloud download center if it is needed as a companion to Bridge? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Follow up to my question regarding NEF conversion to DNG upon import with bridge. NEF files would import and did not apprear damaged however Windows threw a message, to parapharse "Storage Device had errors, do you want to repair " Well this seem to fix the problem, files will now convert as expected. Maybe when the SD card is storing a large volume of files, it can get corrupt, formating after every few days of shooting has eliminated the issue. At one point there were 900 files on the card, where I only was downloading the latest 50-100 files. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nah ......... windows USB and compact flash cards have had problems for a long time.

Make sure you re-format your card in the camera and not with card reader.

Many people prefer to work in their native file format. 

If you use Bridges downloaderconvert to dng is a selectaable script choice when you download images.

But we all know what a joy it is to use photo downloader..............

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jeepers, am I the only person to never have an issue with PhotoDownloader?

Seriously, I've never had a problem and I use it all the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines