Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge Photo Downloader SD card download failures different cards

Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I am on a Mac OS X Yosemite and I am inserting my SD cards directly into the SD card reader at the back of the iMac Retina 5K. Just recently I noticed that Bridge Photo Downloader is putting hashtags and numbers after my SD card name (see pic). This is one card called "Untitled" and now Bridge is calling it "Untitled #1" and "Untitled #2". The difference between the two appears to be that #1 has the thumbnail files included and #2 is just the raw footage. It looks like some kind of partitioning function by Bridge.Screen Shot 2017-07-26 at 10.34.41 am.png

When I try to download photos from the SD card I get "Files Were Not Obtained from Device" error message. Screen Shot 2017-07-26 at 10.35.10 am.pngThis happens when I select #2 and sometimes when I try to access the cards from #1. I have verified the cards using disk utility and they are fine. I have even done a repair just in case but Disk Utility says they are fine. I am using both Sandisk and Samsung class 10 cards and I have never had a problem with either of these brands prior when using Bridge Photo Downloader. This has probably owning been happening in the past month. I own many SD cards because I shoot 4K video footage so they fill up fast.

Firstly, why is Bridge Photo Downloader annotating my single SD card as #1 and #2 when it is only one card in the reader?

Secondly, what is causing the Photo Downloader to fail when trying to obtain from the device? Please DO NOT tell me my SD card reader is faulty because I am able to transfer the files using Mac's Finder with no problems and Disk Utility can read from the reader fine and is reporting the cards to also be fine. Using Finder is my current workaround but I would prefer to use Bridge.

Do I need to uninstall and reinstall Bridge?

Thirdly, recently I have also noticed that Bridge is not showing the thumbnails for all of my video footage but will still allow me to play file. Is this related at all?

Screen Shot 2017-07-26 at 10.53.21 am.png

Thank you. I very much ook forward to your considered thoughts on my problem and would be keen to know if others are experiencing this weird bug.

Anna

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 07, 2017 Aug 07, 2017

Hi MrsFerg,

Could you please refer to this forum thread and let us know if it helps:
https://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/kb/bridge-does-not-recognize-some-devices-mac-os-10-1.html

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 07, 2017 Aug 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi MrsFerg,

Could you please refer to this forum thread and let us know if it helps:
https://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/kb/bridge-does-not-recognize-some-devices-mac-os-10-1.html

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2018 Jun 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

I am having the same problem as MrsFerg - almost identical. Except I am using my device directly.

I am not using OS 10.11 as the Adobe article states, I'm using 10.13.5 : Adobe Bridge Photo Downloader does not recognize some devices on Mac OS 10.11 (El Capitan) I still get the same error that 'Adobe bridge cannot obtain images from this device...'

I am using the most recent version of Bridge.

It isn't an issue with the device as I'm able to use my Mac's Image Capture and Finder window - but like the member above I would like to be using Bridge to do so.

I'm using a Canon IOS 1100D, if that helps.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines