• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Stop Bridge Autocollapsing Panels? Bridge version 9.1.0.338 on Windows 10

Explorer ,
Jul 02, 2019 Jul 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used Bridge for many years and only just started seeing this issue with the last update. If I minimize Bridge, or go to another program and come back, it autocollapses all my panels, leaving only the content panel open. Then I have to manually hunt down and drag or double-click out the hot edges to get the panels back. I get everything set up, then have to go do something else and when I come back I have to set the panels up all over again. I HATE this. It is SO annoying...

I have a saved custom workspace, and have gone through all of the preferences and view and window settings and there is nothing to indicate whether you are okay with this autocollpasing behavior, so apparently no way to get rid of it. Am I missing something? Please somebody tell me this is not a "feature" now.

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Its a issue with the third party drivers that are re engineered to work with the different vendors laptops.

Call your laptop vendor. Have them fix the issue.

I have a Dell XPS and it does the same thing.

Standard video drivers don't cause this issue.

Its not going to be fixed EVER.

Its not Adobe's issue. 

Moderator its time to close this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

That's not a typical experience with Bridge, could you please let us know the exact version of Bridge & the operating system you're using?

Also, could you please try resetting the preferences of Bridge and let us know if it helps?

Troubleshoot Adobe Bridge for freezes and performance issues

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Sahil:

Thank you for helping me with this. I am using the latest Bridge version 9.1.0.338 with Windows 10 version 1809 for X-64-based systems.

I tried resetting preferences and purging the cache, and now I have lost all of my customizations and Bridge is still behaving in the same way, auto-collapsing panels if I minimize or switch to another app.

I noticed when I was looking for the version that there was a way to submit a bug report from within the app. Should I be doing this?

Thank you!

Leha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 03, 2019 Jul 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing more information, Leha!

Could you please share a video of what exactly happens?
I am in conversation with our engineers, I'll share an update as soon as I hear from them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 03, 2019 Jul 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Sahil:

It looks exactly like what Petera shared. Looks like this is a bug, possibly in this latest release of Bridge. We have slightly different OS but the same version of Bridge.

Thank you for looking into this! Let me know if you still need me to also share a video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2019 Jul 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been watching for an update to Bridge and there has been none. The code that broke it had to have been in the last update, since you and I have different incarnations of Windows. Not sure how much code that involves, but hopefully they can track it down and issue a patch soon. Meanwhile, we play the waiting game...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you select Window->Workspace->Reset Workspace what happens?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acts like before. Panels are still collapsing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, WHEN you click the menu item. What happens? Are the panels restored to the proper locations?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, they are. But when I minimize the window, they collapse again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Reset causes a loss of all customizations, and no relief from the problem of panels autocollapsing when you minimize Bridge.

If you scroll to the top of this thread and read through it, we have already tried all of the troubleshooting steps, and the last rep had gone off to report and bug to the software team. We were just waiting for a fix, but so far have not heard back.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you customize a workspace, you can save it as a custom workspace that you can restore.

And I'm not seeing your problem happen on multiple machines, both Windows and Mac. That's why I'm wondering why its happening to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it is definitely happening to two of us out here in the world.

I do realize you can get a workspace back, but you still lose customizations to preferences. And it fixes nothing, so there's that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If resetting preferences doesn't help, you don't need to keep doing it. Resetting a workspace only affects that space.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Neither of those works to resolve the issue. Please let us know if/when it's fixed, or if you have any other new tests you would like us to try.

Regards,

Leha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 12, 2019 Jul 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Could you please let us know what kind of Screen you're working with is it a High Resolution Screen?

Also, are you using a Dual Monitor Setup?

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using it on 4k monitor. I've XPS 15.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also am using a 4K monitor. No second monitor. 17" laptop, 4k, Origin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 16, 2019 Jul 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We've logged a bug for this issue, and our engineers are working towards a fix.

Stay tuned for any updates on this.

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 16, 2019 Jul 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Sahil!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2019 Aug 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update on this? I'm experiencing the exact same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then you're not looking at the right machines.  This is why we are asking for your assistance.  I have precisely the same problem and have had for nearly a year now.  I've been watching for a fix and have not seen one.   I would appreciate a little more assistance in making your product work the way you have advertised it will work and a little less gaslighting here.  Just sayin'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It recently started happing to me and it's so frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines