• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Set Tracklog Time Offset shows wrong starting time for tracklogs

LEGEND ,
May 04, 2024 May 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Map module command Map > Tracklog > Set Tracklog Time Offset always shows the wrong starting date/time for a tracklog, 12/31/00 4:00 PM PST (which is represented internally as the number 0).  LR 13.1 and prior versions showed the correct starting date/time.  Tested on LR 13.2 / Mac OS 14.4.1.

For example, download this tracklog:

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/j76cd3q3aavr3fz8hhnz4/Big-Lake-2023-Tracks.gpx.20234.05.04.zip?rlkey=...

and load it into the Map module. Observe that in LR 13.2, the Set Tracklog Time Offset command displays the incorrect starting date/time:

johnrellis_0-1714868019477.png

But LR 13.1 displays the correct date/time:

johnrellis_1-1714868047282.png

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
5 Comments
New Here ,
May 01, 2024 May 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In LR CC (Mac) the Map module no longer uses a user’s external tracklog file correctly to assign gps locations to photos.  This has worked correctly up thru version 13.1, but as of v.13.2 every tracklog is listed as starting 12/31/2000 (displayed using the Tracklog Time Offset window).  The Tracklog ending time remains correct, but the start time error results in Auto-Tag now doing wrong photo/gps assignments . 

I’ve demo’d this with new albums using tracklogs from multiple GPSr’s for each album. It also appears with albums previously geotagged by LRCC where LRCC v13.1 displayed expected results, and upgrading to v13.2 generates the start-time error.  I’ve demo’d this with LRCC on two different Macs, Intel/Ventura and M1/Sonoma.

My settings for ‘Apply During Import’ are for no metadata to be imported. 

Using Friedl’s “Geoencoding Support” Plugin in LRCC works correctly with these same photos and tracklogs.

Eh?

LRCC is ver 13.2 (202402141005-bflaeb84)

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 02, 2024 May 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(This is in Lightroom Classic, not "LR CC", of course.  Oops, thanks for the edit.  Gotta stay current with the ephemera...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 02, 2024 May 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

I also observe that the Set Tracklog Time Offset command displays the incorrect starting date of the track log in LR 13.2:

johnrellis_0-1714682732670.png

but not in LR 13.1:

johnrellis_2-1714682855367.png

However, in my LR 13.2 Auto-Tag continues to tag photos along the track log correctly.

To submit this as a bug, please upload a .gpx and .jpg showing the problem, i.e. that Auto-Tag doesn't properly tag the location of the .jpg.  If you rename the .gpx to have the .txt extension, then you can attach both the .gpx and the .jpg here.

Without an easy way to reproduce the full problem, Adobe won't pay much attention.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am now unable to replicate the errors in photo/gps assignments, either with my original files or with a new album and related tracklog.  Hmph.  As you found, the Time Offset command shows the wrong start date but the assignments are made correctly nonetheless.  The error I'd seen seemed to make assignments to photos in other albums (tho unselected) as shown in the Map miniatures.   I'd thought this perhaps due to the start date being too inclusive by 24 years...   I don't have screen shots from that initial time warp.   Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate