• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Edit in PS from a stacked image set (Tiff or DNG) fails to open and sometimes displays a message

Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2024 May 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Error when trying to open a photo from Lightroom into Photoshop. 

I was on a live chat with an Adobe agent for hours today. They remoted into my laptop and tried a bunch of things. They then uninstalled my Adobe apps and reinstalled them. During the installation, the agent ended the chat. Once the apps were installed I tried to open the Lightroom photo in Photoshop and got the same error. 
I got into another live chat with a different Adobe agent who started to look through the transcript of my previous chat. They then said they were looking through the troubleshooting steps the previous agent had taken. After quite some time (10 or 20 minutes) they disconnected the chat. 
So, I got on chat again and got a new Adobe agent. They asked me the same questions that the other 2 agents asked so I asked this agent if they were able to go back through my last chats to see the issue. After another 10 or 20 minutes this agent disconnected the chat. Needless to say I am pretty unhappy with the customer service I have recieved. I'd like to escalate this issue to a supervisor, but do not know how to do this. Anyone got any ideas?
I have posted a screenshot of the error I got.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , May 24, 2024 May 24, 2024

Sorry, our bad! We introduced a bug in 7.3 with stacked images. To work around this, please use the keyboard shortcut to invoke Edit in PS instead of the context (right-click) menu.

Mac: Cmd+Shift+E

Win: Ctrl+Shift+E

Hopefully knowing the shortcut gives you a speed boost, too. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jun 25, 2024 Jun 25, 2024

Greetings everyone,

Updates for the Adobe Photography Products have been released. The June 2024 updates contain an update for this issue.

If you do not see the update in your Creative Cloud Application, you can refresh it by hitting [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ].

Note: It may take up to 24 hours for your update to be available in your Creative Cloud app.

Thank you for your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate
11 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
May 23, 2024 May 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for reporting this. I will have someone from our support team reach out to you shortly. Please expect an email from us soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  An Adobe agent called me today and troubleshooted with me today for almost 2 hours. He was amazing and explained everything to me. Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When trying to use the Edit in Photoshop command in lightroom (Lightroom version: 7.3 x64 [ 20240507-1433-eff47f4 ] (May 7 2024)) it is unable to open either a .dng or .tiff from lightroom. A standard raw file will open correctly. I keep getting a unexpected error dialog box. See attached screenshot. Is this a bug or broken code and I would need to go back to the previous version to use this feature or is it something I would need to enable and Im just missing something?

Operating system: Windows 11
OS Version: Windows 11 Home (2009)
Application architecture: x64
System architecture: x64
Computer model: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. ZenBook UX325EA_UX325EA / 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 24, 2024 May 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I realized that after the latest Lightroom update I cannot edit all photos in Photoshop, with 'Edit in Photoshop' function inside LR. Concretely, I noticed that that only occurs on photos on which I applied Denoise tool. 

There's no problem with other photos tho. 

Did anyone had the same problem and if so, how do I fix it? 

Thanks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screenshot of the error you receive?

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am glad they contacted you back. What was the resolution ultimately?

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not an error,  but nothing is happening when I click on it (Photoshop is not opening). Since Denoise creates the new DNG and therefore the new stack, I have to enter into the stack, click on the latest edited image (the one I applied denoise to) and then click Edit in Photoshop and then it works, but earlier I just right-clicked on the image and it would normally open Photoshop, without the need of entering the stack. Because the latest edited image is on top of the stack and all subsequent changes are made on that image. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That looks like the same code I was getting which only began after the most recent update. My issue was that the photo becomes a stacked photo after applying Denoise. Because of the settings in my Lightroom, Photoshop couldn't open the photo. We changed the settings so that the original was stored in my computer C drive. This took quite some time because Lightroom synced all of my photos after the setting was changed. 

When we looked at the info for a photo I had applied Denoise to, we saw that the file type was a preview rather than a CR3. In order to ungroup the stack, we had to use the top menu (under Edit) because the stacking options were ghosted out when right clicking on the photo.  When we ungrouped the photos to which Denoise had been applied the edited version was successfully opened in Photoshop from Lightroom. I will delete the originals from my computer hard drive because I save them externally.

I hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rikk,

I put a response in this thread. Hopefully it's what you're looking for. Let me know if I can provide any other details.

C

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, our bad! We introduced a bug in 7.3 with stacked images. To work around this, please use the keyboard shortcut to invoke Edit in PS instead of the context (right-click) menu.

Mac: Cmd+Shift+E

Win: Ctrl+Shift+E

Hopefully knowing the shortcut gives you a speed boost, too. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 25, 2024 Jun 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Greetings everyone,

Updates for the Adobe Photography Products have been released. The June 2024 updates contain an update for this issue.

If you do not see the update in your Creative Cloud Application, you can refresh it by hitting [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ].

Note: It may take up to 24 hours for your update to be available in your Creative Cloud app.

Thank you for your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate