• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Lens Profile requests and information

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lens Profiles apply to Camera Raw, Lightroom Classic, and the Lightroom Ecosystem products (Desktop, Mobile, and Web).

Lens Profiles are available for a wide array of lenses. Not every lens is currently profiled, and of those profiled, not all are profiled for all camera and file types. For example, there may be a profile for a particular lens and camera mount for the raw file but not for the JPEG. Normally, profiles for JPEG are not supplied unless the camera does not apply a correction (e.g. iPhone, GoPro). 

A complete list of profiled lenses can be found here: https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/supported-lenses.html 
other helpful info: https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/lens-profile-support.html#Supported_lenses 

Lens correction for all Micro 4/3 (MFT) lenses and many newer cameras, including Panasonic and Olympus cameras, and other cameras (including Fuji X,  Leica Q, and Nikon Z series)plus many point-and-shoot models from Canon) happens automatically without any interaction by the customer. A notation will appear in the Lens Correction Panel designating this. 

Note: You should not expect to find any profiles listed in the pop-up notes, because the corrections are always applied.

If you are unsure whether your lens is supported automatically refer to the "info" button/icon on the Lens Corrections tab.

If your lens is not on the supported lens list and is not one of those whose correction happens automatically, you can create your own profiles using the Adobe Lens Profile Creator. Download the Adobe Lens Profile Creator: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/digital-negative.html#resources 

If you desire an Adobe-created Lens Profile, please make your request in the comments of this thread, and be sure to include the full lens model/description and the camera mount you are desiring. ETAs for new lens profiles are not available.

Keep in mind that lens profiles cannot be made for tilt/shift lenses. There is no way to record the tilt or shift settings in the Exif data. A feature request exists here for Tilt-Shift Lens Profiles: https://community.adobe.com/t5/camera-raw-ideas/p-lens-profiles-for-tilt-shift-lens/idi-p/12221166 

Note: The Lens Profile Creator is currently supported for Windows and 32-bit Versions of the Mac OS. 

ETAs are not available for any lens request. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
TOPICS
Lens profile creator , macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 687 Replies 687
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buenos días a todos:

He observado que LR Classic trae los perfiles de lente para los objetivos de 5,7 y 9 mm del iPhone 13 Pro Max, pero no para el ultra gran angular de 1,5 mm. ¿A qué es debido esto? Esta situación me obliga a corregir manualmente cada foto hecha con este objetivo (y hago muchas). Sería de gran ayuda que se incluyese un perfil para este objetivo en una próxima actualización. Gracias!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add a profile for the Meike 85 mm f/1.8 EF mount.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add a profile for the ILIX 15mm f/2.4 CANON EF mount.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why no camera or lens profiles for the Leica SL2 system

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A profile for the Laowa 17mm f/4 Zero-D lens for Fuji GFX 100S would be very nice. It's a good lens but needs a good profile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add the AF Nikkor 20-35 1:2.8D to ACR.

Why? It is an old lens but there are a lot of these around still, not least because it has the advantage of low weight and large aperture. It also has optical quirks and could really use a lens profile. With the unexpected but seemingly accelerating use of film stock, many people are re-buying older analogue equipment, and many of Nikon's older og semi-old AiS/AF/AFD lenses do not have profiles.

I don't understand why Adobe are no longer supporting user-created lens profiles.

I would happily be willing to go through the motions to generate the necessary measurement images and create a quality profile for the benefit of the community if Adobe would support the process. For all the lenses I have with no profiles, in my opinion that is valuable content. I am a professional photographer and use a fairly wide range of equipment - to be able to maintain optical consistency is paramount.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a profile for the 20-35 that I downloaded a number of years ago.  If you would like a copy of it, I can send it to you.  Send me an DM or an email with your email in it, and I will happily forward a copy to you.  I know it works in LR, because I installed it from my old setup to my new setup this morning.  I have a number of vintage Nikkor lenses, and I must say some of these venerable lenses are definitely worth owning given how inexpensively you can pick some of them up!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2022 Apr 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I want to request a profile for the Samyang 85mm 1.4 for Sony. I have had this lens for a while now but there has never been a profile available for it.

Samyang SYIO85AF-E 85mm F1.4 Auto Focus Weather Sealed Lens for Sony E-Mount

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2022 Apr 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would love a lense profile for DJI Air2S.  A great feature of new drones is the ability to create hyperlapses, but I have found that lense distortion can cause significant issues when creating hyperlapse videos from photos.  The premiere warp stabalizer helps a little, but a consistant lense profile would be best. Thanks,   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a bit ancient but legendary (built and quality) Canon EF 20-35mm f/2.8 L of which I am very found. Unfortunately I can't find a lens correction profile for it anywhere... It would be just amazing, because the lens is despite it's age performing amazingly..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

which body you are using it on ? if by any chance on RF mount body then CR3 raw files have optics correction information there and using Iridien C-Transformer that data can be converted to DNG tags that ACR/LR can pick up and applye... for example my R5 with EF 100/2 through adapter has optics correction (not that it needed much, but still it is there) after I convert from CR3 to DNG... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

actually with .CR2 too... I downloaded 5DIV raw file and yes - optics correction data is there too - but you need to use Iridient C-Transformer to extract that from Canon raw and pass as DNG tags to ACR/LR... for whatever reason Adobe refuses to use what is provided by Canon and insists on using only it's own profiles - which a lacking in many (or all) cases

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please can you add lens profiles for the Autel Nano and Nano+ drones? These are fixed aperture prime lenses.

I am going to try to create one of my own, but official Adobe support would be best.

Thanks in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could anyone please tell me if support in Camera Raw is planned for the Pentax HD PENTAX-D FA 21mm f/2.4ED Limited DC WR Lens? The lens was released last November, and I still don't see support for it in the latest release of Camera Raw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I currently shoot with a Canon 500mm f/4 IS USM (version I) and Canon Extender 1.4x III. This combination is not currently recognized by Adobe RAW. I can provide calibration information if you''d like.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2022 Apr 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, i am activelly using a set of old manual Nikkor lenses, in particular the 135mm / 2.8. I am glad the 50/1.4 is already among the profiles, and would be great if you could add the 135/2.8 or even 105/2.5 - some of the good old lenses that i am sure peple are still using...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I don't see the lens profile of my HD Pentax-D FA 1:2.4. 21 mm. ED limited DC WR in LR classic? Only the DA 3.2. I have the latest updat version 12.3.1. Is there allreddy a profile or is it still comming?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A list of supported lenses is here: https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/supported-lenses.html

Adobe does not comment on future developments, so if your lens isn't listed then nobody can tell you if it will be in the future.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2022 Apr 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I recently discovered that ACR 14.3 applies the wrong automatic lens profile to files produced with a Nikon AF-D 105mm Micro: it will choose Sigma 105mm Macro. No problems if the lens is the more recent Nikon AF-S VR 105mm Micro, the automatic profile is assigned correctly. Same camera in both cases, Nikon D800. I'm working with a friend who reports the same bug in Windows.

Mac OSX Catalina 10.15.7, Photoshop 2022.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 24, 2022 Apr 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the list at this link https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/supported-lenses.html to see if your particular lens is listed. If it's not listed, then the lens is not yet supported. You can request support for a lens at https://community.adobe.com/t5/camera-raw-discussions/p-lens-profile-requests-and-information/td-p/1... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have seen this happen, and it's due to a known issue involving the digital lens IDs that the AF Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8D and the Sigma 105mm f/2.8 EX DG macro report to the camera, which then gets into the EXIF data of any photo files taken with those lenses. It's a string of hex numbers contained in the lens firmware of any Nikon F mount lens with a "CPU" (AI-P, AF, AF-D, AF-S, G, AF-P etc.). Both those lenses report back the same lens ID (hex 32 54 6A 6A 24 24 35 02) because Sigma evidently decided to use the same lens ID for their 105mm macro lens as Nikon instead of assigning it a unique identifier. Since ACR or Lightroom don't have a profile for the "D" Micro-Nikkor but DOES have a profile for the Sigma, and the lens ID in the EXIF data from photos taken with the Nikkor "D" lens is the same as the Sigma, ACR or Lighroom will pull up the profile for the Sigma lens if you select "Enable Profile Corrections". If you manually select "Nikon" for the lens profile "Make" you'll get the profile for the Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G lens, but you shouldn't use that for the "D" lens because they're optically different.

So even if ACR/Lightroom did have a profile for the Nikkor "D" lens (hello, Adobe?) the profile mismatch is probably something that Adobe couldn't do much about because Sigma duplicated Nikon's digital lens ID. I've found that since the Nikkor "D" lens has little or no distortion and little or no light falloff once it's stopped down past somewhere between f/4 and f/5.6 that I don't miss ACR/Lightroom not having a lens profile for it, although it would be nice to have if you're using the lens wide open or close to it. Of course you can still apply a manual vignetting correction if you want to in that situation.

Once upon a time there was a website (www.rottmerhusen.com) that published a chart of all the known digital lens IDs for Nikon F mount lenses from both Nikon and third party lens makers. Unfortunately that site is not up anymore (so don't try clicking on the link as it won't get you anywhere). I had made myself a copy of that list, which is how I was able to look this info up. At the end of the list were 7 cases of duplicated lens IDs, once of which was this situation with the Nikkor "D" 105mm macro and the Sigma 105mm macro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So even if ACR/Lightroom did have a profile for the Nikkor "D" lens (hello, Adobe?) the profile mismatch is probably something that Adobe couldn't do much about because Sigma duplicated Nikon's digital lens ID.

If the the corerct/desired profile is avaiable, then mismatches are easily overridden. You simply select the desired profile and set it as the default.

Untitled-1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the rich explanation Rikk, that makes things clear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ian, I'll try that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the rich explanation Arthur, that makes things clear.

(I posted this same reply to the one by Rikk from Adobe by mistake, and I can't seem to remove it, but I thank him too).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines