• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: New Camera Raw File Support - Requests & Information

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For a complete overview of camera support in Photoshop and Lightroom, visit the following article:

Why doesn't my version of Photoshop or Lightroom support my camera?

1. Make sure your version of Photoshop or Lightroom is updated for the latest camera support.
  2. If you own an older version of Photoshop or Lightroom, Adobe provides backward compatibility for the latest cameras through the FREE Adobe DNG Converter.

Note: ETAs for specific cameras are not available

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
TOPICS
DNG Converter , macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 5 Correct answers

LEGEND , Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

No one here knows. We don't know. Adobe never tells us when.

When Adobe gets all the work completed to successfully use raw photos from this camera, they will release a new version of the software. Then we will all find out at the same time.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Apr 02, 2022 Apr 02, 2022

Until Adobe release supported versions of Lightroom-Classic and ACR, you will need to edit with Canon's DPP App (Digital Photo Professional), and export to TIF or JPG.  DPP lists the R5c as supported.

https://cam.start.canon/en/S002/manual/html/UG-00_Before_0050.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

No. Nobody can tell you this because they either do not know, or they are not allowed to tell you because of their NDA. I understand your impatience, but you will simply have to wait.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

No one can say (except for some Adobe employees, who are not allowed to say). You should check the list here each time Adobe updates the Lighroom Classic software.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 21, 2023 Aug 21, 2023

When is Adobe going to update so that users of Sony A6700 ... can use LR normally.

By @mariajen393

Update to Lightroom Classic 12.5 released last week. The Sony A6700 is supported in version 12.5.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/whats-new-in-lightroom-classic-12-5/

New camera support:

• Sony
    • Sony A6700 (ILCE-6700)

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 802 Replies 802
Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2023 Jul 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When will Lightroom support the Sony A6700? I can't currently import RAW files. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2023 Jul 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't import ARW files in lightroon Classic version 12.4. 
Conversion from "Adobe Digital Negative Converter" does not recognize the file.
what is the problem ? What is the solution ?
Thanks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 29, 2023 Jul 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your camera model was released on July 12th, and the latest update to LrC 12.4 was released June 13th.

Support for the Camera will come with a future update to LrC and Adobe Camera Raw.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; ( also laptop Win 11, ver 23H2; LrC 13.4,;) 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5,; Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2023 Jul 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know when Adobe will update their products including Camera Raw to support the new Sony A6700 camera?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 31, 2023 Jul 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2023 Aug 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe Team,

pleass add Lightroom RAW Support for Sony alpha 6700 (ILCE-6700). 

Thank you in advance. 

Best regards

Deniz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2023 Aug 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

When do we plan to have the GoPro Hero 11 black included as camera for Lightroom Classic. The camera came on the market soon a year ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 04, 2023 Aug 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Mikael3149095477ac 

I've moved your post from Photoshop to LR Classic for you.

EDIT: Your post (and mine) have been moved by someone into the Primary thread.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2023 Aug 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Starting from firmware v1.9, Panasonic have added L.Classicneo and L.Monochrome S on Lumix S1R camera. I can choose and shoot JPEG from Camera.

But in Lightroom 12.0.1, in Camera Matching Profile, I can't see anything related to these profile in S1R Raw File. But S5 Raw is fine, I can choose ClassicNeo and Monochrome S as starting point to edit.

Anyone have idea for that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 13, 2023 Aug 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If my memory is correct, JPEG files do not support a camera profile. JPEG files are supposed to be fully developed files not needing adjustments any more. You should shoot raw to exploit the full power of Adobe Lightroom.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2023 Sep 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Abambo  I mean profile picture existing in camera and I can shoot with JPEG with them. But when I shoot RAW, I need to choose profile from Lightroom, but Lightroom doesn't have them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 01, 2023 Sep 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have either to wait for Adobe to simulate those profiles in Lightroom or you need to create your own profile. All profiles in Lightroom simulate your camera behaviour, but they are built by Adobe. It may be, however, that camera manufactorers, given the dominance of Lightroom, give Adobe a helping hand to establish those. 

Adobe has, however, normally no advance knowledge of anything new with digital cameras. That's the reason, why support for new cameras lags the camera release one or two Lightroom versions. 

When did your new profiles emerge?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2023 Aug 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to get an rough eta on support for the A6700's raw files? Both Light Room and Camera Raw are unable to open them, both are up to date. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 06, 2023 Aug 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Is it possible to get an rough eta on support for the A6700's raw files?"

See here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/camera-raw-discussions/p-raw-file-support-requests-amp-information-ne...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2023 Aug 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to get an rough eta on support for the A6700's raw files? Both Light Room and Camera Raw are unable to open them, both are up to date. 

By @Douglas2443385299ib

No, there is never an ETA for new camera support, even that in many cases, support integrates in the next version or the version thereafter. With buying a new camera, you will have to wait for either raw support or you have to wait with your purchase until the support is available. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2023 Aug 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please update camera raw / Lightroom for Sony a6700 camera raw files! 🙏❤️

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 11, 2023 Aug 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2023 Aug 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a Sony a6700 camera since a week, but I can not import the Raw files in Lightroom.  However, they can be viewed in Bridge and camera Raw.

The Raw support in Lightroom is 15.4 while in camera Raw it is updated to 15.5.

Do I have to wait to Lightroom gets updated to be able to import my Sony a6700 Raw files?

Anybody knows when that will happen???  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure how ACR can open those files. Perhaps the following link is not up to date:

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

At any rate, not a clue when Adobe will address your issue, they do not share such info, but yep, you are going to have to wait for an update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a bug - moving to Camera Support requests

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"The Raw support in Lightroom is 15.4 while in camera Raw it is updated to 15.5. Do I have to wait to Lightroom gets updated to be able to import my Sony a6700 Raw files? Anybody knows when that will happen???"

Camera Raw 15.5 was released a few days ago. LRC 12.5 will almost surely be released very soon, likely this coming week, and since CR 15.5 supports the a6700, LRC 12.5 will too.  (CR and LRC almost always release in lockstep, and they release about every eight weeks.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 16, 2023 Aug 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Camera Raw 15.5 was released last week. LRC 12.5 will almost surely be released very soon, likely in the next couple of days, and since CR 15.5 supports the a6700, LRC 12.5 will too.  (CR and LRC almost always release in lockstep, and they release about every eight weeks.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour  pourquoi Lightroom classic par abonnement ( donc à jour) ne reconnait-il pas cles fichiers Raws du Sony Alpha 6700? Même après la mise à jour du nouveau Firmware, rien n'y fait. Import réalisé d'une Carte cmémoire dans un lecteur SD. Merci à celui ou à celle qui m'aidera à solutionner ce problème.

Un Insulaire de l'ile de la Réunion.

Raphael Boyer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines