• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

In Captivate 9, some image layers not showing up in preview or when published

Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I added some image, effects,  & text layers to a slide in an existing project.  They play and reappear with proper timing  when I play the audio track on the slide, but they don't appear when I preview them in a browser, or when I publish. except for one image that appears for the whole duration of the slide, which it should not.  What's wrong?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this HTML5 output?  IF so, upload to a web server and test from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did upload to a web server and test from there. However, I am still having the same issue. Any ideas? It shows up in the project preview.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure they're not just failing to appear because you have interactive objects on the timeline ahead of them set to pause the timeline?  These objects don't pause the timeline when you just do an F3 preview to play the slide in edit mode.  But they will pause the timeline at runtime.

Let us see a screenshot of the timeline of one of these slides where the objects don't appear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate screen shot.JPG

Here's the screen shot. The website and my picture are not coming up.

I am new to Captivate and have been teaching myself through an online class so I could be missing something. But I've searched everywhere and come up with no answers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your screenshot shows three Smart Shape buttons are pausing the slide at 1.5 seconds in.  Is it possible that the objects that are NOT appearing at runtime were supposed to appear at some time AFTER 1.5 seconds?  If so, that's your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This indeed turned out to be my problem! Thanks for your input!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2016 Dec 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help, RodWard! Those smart shapes are buttons that ARE appearing in the htm publish. I am sharing a screen shot of the timeline including the picture (labeled as profile) and the webpage (labeled as web). Any ideas????

Thanks in advance for your help!!

Captivate screen shot 2.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2016 Dec 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rod answered this question (you seem to have two Adobe ID's?): the slide is pausing at 1.5 secs because of thsoe shape buttons. I don't see any objects coming in later on, but the timeline panel is only partially visible on the screenshot. If there are objects timed to appear after 1.5 secs, you need to move the pausing point of those shape buttons: either drag the pausing on the timeline or use the Timing Properties panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lilybiri​. Further question. Those items that are paused do not correspond to the objects that are not showing up. When I previewed, the objects show up. When published as an HTLM, they do not show up. I am not sure what is going on? Possibly something with the state view? I am attaching two screen shots to give an idea. I cannot seem to turn OFF the animation based trigger. Possibly that is it? If so, how do I turn it off? I try to unclick it to no avail.

Adobe Captivate Forum.JPG

Captivate forum timing.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, can you find time to read this very old blog post:

Tiny Timeline Tidbits - Captivate blog

How did you 'Preview'? Today already 4 users have been warned that Play Slide is NOT a preview method. Best Preview method in your case, since you want HTML output is 'Preview HTML in Browser'. If everything works correctly there, it probably will after publishing.

The first of the two objects which you selected is a webobject, right? Can you upload the published version to a webserver to see if it works? If you have published as a SCO, you need to upload to SCORM Cloud for testing.

The second object is an image. Can you check in its properties if it is visible in output? You posted a screenshot of the Timing panel, I can only see that no Effect is applied to those two objects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2017 Aug 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is quite a headscratcher. No interactions, simple layers, everything set to display, yet the image titled "Respect" does not appear when I preview in browser. I've deleted and re-added the image to no avail. Any thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, how was this problem resolved?

Running into a similar situation, where the client using our LMS is designing their own courses.

They have asked us for input on some problems they are running into, but when I try to preview

the course, right off the bat I have a problem of not all layers displaying when previewing both

online as HTML, and in SCORM cloud...

This is happening for both text and images. The audio plays fine.

They are visible in the timeline (not hidden), and in properties panel they are set to display.

There are no layers pausing the slide to stop the animation, in this specific slide example, and

the entrance animations are supposed to happen at 0 seconds, so right at the beginning?

Here are some screen shots:

Slide content:

Slide content.PNG

Timeline view:

Timeline view.PNG

Online preview result:

Preview results.PNG

THIS IS A RESPONSIVE PROJECT.

I also have a second issue:

There is also something weird happening with the skin editor, where even though the audio is playing, 

the slide seems to be paused, and the "play button" is showing, not pause button; the slide duration is

45.5 seconds, but the slide is pausing after about 1 second?

The client has some buttons on the master slide, and some buttons on the actual slide itself - not sure

wether this has something to do with it?

Clicking the play button of the skin editor makes the back and next buttons on the slide disappear...

I am not a Captivate pro, so these "missing layers" really stumps me, and the interaction between the

buttons, slide duration, and skin player is also confusing?

Would appreciate the help since the client needs to go live on the 4th of October!

Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are using Fluid boxes but not consistently. In the Timeline screenshot I see that only one item is IN a fluid box (Title), all the other objects are not in fluid boxes. Why? Did you set those up with Position Properties?  That would be weird, because in that case I'd recommend to use Breakpoint views instead of Fluid Boxes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect the client did it so they could position the content as they would like without it snapping

to certain positions within the fluid boxes? I am only guessing, but so does this mean that the only

content displaying in the final output is the content actually within fluid boxes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have Back and Next navigation buttons showing right at the bottom of the slide.  Are these set to pause the playback?  If so, that's why the content is pausing.  These buttons may be located on the Master Slide or some other early slide and timed to Rest of Project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, but I have no idea how this will look in other resolutions, unless everything has been positioned correctly with Position properties. This really looks like it is set up by someone who has no idea how to work with Fluid Boxes, and the unique Title fluid box is probably inherited from a master slide.

Audio will play independently of pausing points on a content slide if the option to pause the slide audio is not checked in the properties panel for the button responsible for the pausing. But I don't seen any pausing points in the Timeline panel.

The Back and Next button are probably on the master slide. They may pause the slide but always at the end of the slide, never elsewhere. If those buttons are on a previous slide, timed for the rest of the projectt, that is a different history. You have to find the slide where those buttons are really present and check their timelines (since they disappear as you tell).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello and I apologize for only replying now - thank you both for taking the trouble to answer the questions!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Could you solve the issues, maybe helped by our answers? Please, this could help other users if you specify.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources