• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A Way to Manually Apply Trigger keyframe animations without hitting Record?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like when you create a Trigger from two keyframes in the Timeline Panel (by right-clicking the two keyframes and selecting "Create Replay and Trigger from Keyframes"), and you want to apply that animation on a specific frame in the timeline manually without hitting record. You just place your playhead on a specific frame in the timeline and then press the keyboard shortcut for the Trigger to add a "take"

-------------------------------

Not sure if I was clear from the above description, but i will try again. Basically the workflow I was going for is:

1. Create desired animation keyframes:

PowwwDie_0-1596181454658.png

2. Select the two keyframes, right-click > "Create Replay and Trigger from Keyframes":

PowwwDie_1-1596181496119.png

3. Assign a Keyboard Shortcut for the newly-created Trigger:

PowwwDie_2-1596181548025.png

4. Move playhead to desired keyframe you want to put your Trigger keyframe animation into:

PowwwDie_3-1596181612712.png

5. Press the Keyboard Shortcut of your Trigger to apply the Trigger keyframe animation (without hitting the Ctrl + R (Record))

MISSING

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hopefully I was able to describe what I want to ask in this post. Thank you guys

TOPICS
How to , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi PD,

Without recreating your steps it seems that what you are doing should work. What are you saying the results are? Nothing happens? Perhaps a little more about what is happening or not happening.

Alan may chime in and offer some intuitive advice.

Be well fellow puppeteer. - Platty

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I do the "Step 5", it just plays the animation. It does not record the keyframes from the Trigger. I asked from other post and found out I could just go to Replays Panel and do the "paste" method to insert a "take" for that Trigger in the Timeline Panel, but what I wanted to happen was to record the keyframe themselves, not the take (without hitting Record (Ctrl + R)). Not sure if it make sense. Thank you for replying though

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Intuitive advice?!?" no pressure Platty!! (where are a good set of emoji when you need them...)

The only way I know to add something to a take is going into record mode or copy/paste. A "replay" is really getting the computer to redo what you asked it to do in the first place. So you have to arm the things you want to update. Triggering the replay when in "playback" mode will just do those behaviors like you did them in playback mode. You have to go into record mode for it to record the actions that it plays back. (It does not record "this is a replay", it just plays the replay and CH records it like anything else you do.)

I don't have a lot of experience with copy and paste to be honest. It did not exist originally, then the first implementation only did a few types of tracks, so I kinda got used to being without it. But it is the only other way I can think of modifying the contents of a timeline without being in record mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines