Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Add a walk behavior to 4 legged character

Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

Im trying to add a walk behavior to a 4 legged character  but I'm not sure how to do it if my character has 5 different body views. I also added a frontal view but im not sure if I can make the character walk from that view. I'm also trying to add handle tools to tag the Front Right leg but is not letting me because the layer is "empty". Any feedback will be appreciated,

Thank you.

TOPICS
Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Ch 5 profiles is for head turning; I am not sure walk supports 5 profiles. I thought you could do standing, left, and right. Left and right can walk. left and right can be quartile profiles now, but not sure if that is extra profiles.

It cannot do front walking behavior - only side view.

For the handle question, can you include a screenshot of th rigging hierarchy? If you have too many independent layers things can get messed up (nothing to attach too), but hard to tell without more information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alan is right - walk currently only works with 1 or 3 views. 4 leg walking isn't supported, but there are hacky ways to make it work (see 13 minutes into https://youtu.be/gv_2Upvtm-M?t=783 as an example).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot (41).pngScreenshot (42).pngThank you for your answers!

I have another issue: the head keeps floating from the body and changing sizes as I move my head closer or further from the screen even though I unchecked the crown next to the head layer and each head view has 0% head scale strenght and 0% strenght. The head turner works fine and everything inside of the head moves with the camera input. My computer is also freezing every time I add things to my puppet or make changes; I have an hp spectre x360 laptop, could it be that the software is too much for my computer? is there anything I can do to optimize it?

Thank you,

Lucia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The only reason you would be getting that back and forth resizing would be the Head Scale parameter. In your screenshot you're only showing the properties open in Rig mode - the record mode paramaters can be different (Rig is the master, Record is an instance), so make sure you go to Window > Properties in Record mode to check that parameter there.

Our system requirements are here: https://helpx.adobe.com/adobe-character-animator/system-requirements.html. If you're running into frequent freezes or crashes it's possible things are below spec. Adding head turns is a pretty intensive performance hit (duplicating a realtime face multiple times), so it's possible that this puppet is feeling more hefty than a normal single view one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines