• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

character animation don't send video to NDI and OBS

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

character animation don't send video to NDI and OBS... i'm working on mac , iget black video on Obs thanks for help

TOPICS
Bugs , Camera , Dynamic link , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a lot of variables involved there. I used this tutorial to get ChAn working with OBS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Va3_e-4bKE

From there just make sure your selecting the NDI input in OBS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see all this movies in youtube...i try all is not working...Iget in NDI monitor black window..character animator is communicating with NDI monitor but no picture only black window

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

translate Japanese into English with translation software

Did.

If you are a Mac user and want to project Adobe Character Animator to OBS, there is another way to do it besides NDI, using the Siphonclient.

It's simple because it doesn't use the Obs-ndi plugin.

Give it a try.

https://youtu.be/g5pbJ2xHvnw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes thank you this way is working....a question is why not working with NDI ? second question where can i download syphon software or plugin for mac ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had some troubles with NDI on my work laptop. There were issues with resolving the hostname, so it listened on the wrong up address (i cannot remember exact details). You could try using NDI monitor - can it see the ndi signal? if so, then it is an OBS problem. If not, if is on the Ch side in generating the NDI signal.

Siphon is a library allowing processes to talk only on the same machine - no network connections are supported (unlike NDI). So some of the potential NDI problems are avoided with Siphon. I could believe it's faster too, so it may be a better choice than NDI anyway. (Not sure, but from my reading previously it seemed "more direct".)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi thanks for answer ..isee in NDI monitor signal from character animator but unfortunately get a black window in NDI monitor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you tell me more about your Mac environment?
(The NDI plug-in doesn't seem to work well on a Mac with an M1 chip.)
What version of OBS and CharacterAnimator do you have?
Do you have NewTek NDI® for Adobe® Creative Cloud® installed?
https://www.newtek.com/software/adobe-creative-cloud/

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ihave mac pro 2010... latest version of OBS and character animation...and i have install it newtek ndi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for letting me know about your environment.
Do you have Preferences > Live Output > NDI output turned on?
If those states are fine, I don't know how to fix it.
Sorry about that.スクリーンショット 2020-12-24 14.36.10.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes i have all this checkit...still not work get black on ndi monitor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my question is this ndi tools work on thesame computer or i need to connect to other commputer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works on the same computer as well as between computers. NDI uses a protocol i think similar to printers (Bonjour). NDI sources publish (like printers) so other machines on the same network can see them. That can be the same machine or a different machine. The fact that you said a ndi monitor tool saw the ndi source from ch suggests to me it is announcing its presence and the other end is seeing it.

On windows, there is a ndi test patterns utility. It can be used to generate a source which can be useful for testing. But it's not available on mac i think. You might be able to try "ndi scan converter" - i have not used it, but from reading the newtek site it can capture part of your screen and broadcast it. If ndi monitor can see the output correctly, but not character animator, it might be a version compatibility issue between the version of ch you have and the ndi tools. No idea how to fix it sorry. But if siphon is working, I would just stick with that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ok thanks for help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines