Character animator has begun crashing at some point every time use it. An even greater problem is:
1. When it crashes, it gets stuck at the spinning beach ball
2. I got to force quit, the UI disappears, but the app is still listed in the Force Quit window
3. I wait awhile, repeat the force quit. CA will not go away or reopen (through applications or by opening project)
4. I check activity monitor and can't see any related process running (that I can identify)
5. My computer won't restart because it thinks CA is still running
6. I am forced to hold the power button down to force a shut down.
So, I've tried these things:
1. Signing in and out of Creative Cloud
2. Deleting preferences, caches
3. Uninstalling CA and reinstalling, then unistalling all CC apps and reinstalling
4. Disk repair
5. Wiped everything from my computer and did a clean install of Catalina (not ready for Big Sur)
So, I'm stuck. Help.
OS: Catalina 10.5.7
Model Identifier: MacBookPro14,1 (13-inch, 2017)
Processor Name: Dual-Core Intel Core i5
Processor Speed: 2.3 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 4 MB
Hyper-Threading Technology: Enabled
Memory: 16 GB
Boot ROM Version: 418.104.22.168.0
SMC Version (system): 2.43f11
I made some more efforts using terminal. I was able to find the running adobe character process in terminal despite it not appearing in the Activity Monitor list. I used the kill command to stop the process. When I ran the list again in terminal, character animator no long showed to be a running application. BUT.. I was still unable to launch character animator and it still appeared in my Force Quit window.
My computer still refuses to restart or shut down.. reporting the Character Animator is still running.
Off to shut down my computer the rude way.
I have the same OS and that happens with me at least 2 twice a week 😞
I try to force closing app many times before succeeding...it's really disabling.